Thursday, July 03, 2008

my American hero

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.
I will wave my flag proudly.
My husband will be sweating on the steps of the National Archives and Records Administration bilding in DC. It's what he does......He's a soldier. He realized the other day that he's spent more than half of his life in public service, something he loves. The pay isn't great but he made a choice to do what he does. And I am proud to support him.

Who is this man who supports me? He's my best friend. He's the person who knows me better than anyone else...and still loves me. He's a good provider. He's a loving Father. He's also the SILLIEST person I know.....


So honey, thank you.
Thank you for getting up and going to work even when you don't feel like it.
Thanks for putting up with my difficult to understand FX Idiosyncracies.
Thank you for encouraging me and supporting me.
Thanks for all that you do.

Thank you to all of our military and their family members! Enjoy your 4th of July.
If it's hot tomorrow, just remember: it's 115 degrees in Basra, Iraq.
May God bless and protect our soldiers.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Suzanne! This is wonderful! A great great tribute to your husband breadwinner and friend. To our friend too...a member of the military! I didn't realize that and all the more reason for posting this for tomorrow .. the 4th! Thank him for me too and I'll pray for a cool breeze or two for him tomorrow!
Prayers and Hugs! The other Suzanne :) PS Yes, handsome dude! ;)

Paula Fasciano said...

Awwwwww....that was so sweet...I loved reading it...he's a keeper!