Monday, July 21, 2008

why I "coupon" when I shop

Went to the local MARTIN’S® Food Markets...I love that store. It has a Treehouse, where I can drop off the wee kidlets while I shop in peace.

Today, I allowed them to go play so that Jonathan and I could spend 90 minutes together while cruising the aisles. Jonathan had such a good time shopping with me. He was in charge of pushing the cart, which is an awesome responsibility. One lady walked by and commented, loudly, that people who use coupons are FREAKS.

Well, I am a coupon freak and proud of it. Who wouldn't be proud of saving money? I explain it to my kids that it's like opening your car window while driving down the road, and opening your wallet and dumping out the bills. Coupons save lots of money....

Here's why I use coupons. Especially at Martin's, where they DOUBLE the coupons...



I saved $80.86 in ONE SHOPPING TRIP. In today's economy, who wouldn't want that savings?

Yes, it takes effort.
Yes, it requires planning.
And yes, it's a pain sometimes. But it's soooo worth it. More that $80 worth, folks....

6 comments:

Heather said...

I REALLY need to start doing this.

Kimberly said...

I agree! Be a coupon freak and be proud! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wrap my head around that comment... why would you be a freak to use coupons?????? I just don't get it! Everytime I come home from the grocery store I can't wait to tell my husband how much I saved by using coupons... it's like a game for me. Love the feeling I get from saving money (and all because of a little piece of paper).

Linda said...

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!

But I only get one skinny little flyer in the paper here...never anything I use coupons for...bleh...

rennratt said...

I think it is AWESOME to use coupons.

Sadly, the only place to get them here is in the Sunday newspaper...which I don't read.

I do, however, shop sales and buy in bulk.

I love reading the 'total savings' portion at the bottom of my receipt. Rock on!

marcyh said...

Suzanne-

I found your blog from my friend Kristen, you took pictures of her little girl Ella.

I know you live by me...please tell me more about Martins. Is it worth the gas money to get there??