Saturday, August 23, 2008

celebrate

It's National Sponge Cake Day!! Don't waste it, people!! (I always get sponge cake and pound cake confused.) My husband LOVES sponge cake, which I call Angel Food Cake. Is it the same thing? It's too early to call my momma and ask. Isn't it funny, no matter how old we get, we still wanna check things out with our Moms.

Let me tell you: I am OFFICIALLY as old as dirt. Did the photography at last night's Old Guard Ball. There were so many beautiful dresses. Made me want to get all gussied up and go somewhere. It also made me want to cover half of the ladies up. LOTS o' skin. I am just so OLD, and conservative, and boring, and tattoo-less. But they all looked lovely. My feet hurt from standing and jumping all over in heeled boots for 8 hours. Stupid me, I wore boots that I have not worn for a LONG time...DUMB move. Then I parked my car in a garage that closed. God was watching out for me because Greg and I took separate vahicles. Maybe next year, I will actually GO to the Ball. I must say photographing it is a lot more fun. Without the Ball gown....

Now, I'm going to TRY to go back to sleep. I feel hungover from lack of sleep...

No comments: