Thursday, August 14, 2008

moving forward


I have had a yucky day.
And it started out so well.
I slept late. I slept well.
My car was fixed (new tires and alighment).
Had a nice lunch....

and then the bottom sort of fell out.
I got some news that I didn't want.
Pushed me to tears. I sat in my car and just bawled.
But then I heard a friend's voice in my head (it was you, Stacey....) whispering, "God is Good...God is good..."

And even though my news was not good, I am okay.
God IS good.
I am just going to keep on moving forward.
Can't go back. Don't want to. I know this stuff just sounds like babbling. Maybe it is.

But I am sitting at my desk, listening to a storm coming in and I am praying for God's peace. I think I am going to go sit in the rain with the kids.

God is Good.
Now I am off to change my attitude. Wish me luck.

ETA: as of 520pm my attitude is fully righted. I tore up my kitchen. Baking ALWAYS helps me reduce my stress...Mostly all better now.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

LIke I always say: There isn't nothing a little prayer and some homemade cake can't fix!

Hang in there friend!

Heather said...

Awww...I hope everything is ok! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

You know all of your friends' thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope you can work through your anguish quickly!

JB