Friday, August 29, 2008
I had to take a break from my blog-break to say how excited I am about John McCain's VP pick.
I will admit that I am biased because I am an Alaskan resident. Admittedly, she did not take office until after Greg and I moved to VA, but we consider AK home. (My homepage is the newspaper back home so we keep an eye on what's going on...)
Cool things about Sarah Palin:
* a genuine CONSERVATIVE
* fiercely pro-life, both in politics and in her personal life, having a child with Down Syndrome. (they knew in advance and she chose LIFE!!)
* ARMY mom (her oldest son is in the ARMY..HOOAH!!)
* believes that marriage should only be between and man and a woman
* lifetime NRA member
* firm believer in free market capitalism
* encouraged small business growth
* supports drilling in ANWR
I loved how almost NO ONE was talking about Obama's wind-bag speech last night. (I watched it. Because I believe in being an informed voter so I listen to BOTH sides.)
Now they're all talking about Sarah Palin.
And I say: let 'em.
Now back to my blog-break.....I am actually getting things done. Hooray for me!