Monday, August 11, 2008

warning: politics!!



This was sent to me from my friend, Deb...

Below are a few lines from Obama's books: In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.' From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Now...probably many of these were taken out of context...In the spirit of full disclosure, I have read NEITHER of Obama's books. (As compulsive as I am about the NYT Bestseller List, I refused to read his books...)

I would be more likely to read this one, though....


I'm just sayin'............For me, it is not a Black/White thing, it's a "this is COMPLETELY the wrong guy for the job" thing.....He scares me. His thinking, his lack of faith, his slickness. I am one nervous voter...

And please no hate mail. I respectfully disagree with those who will vote for him, but I ask that you respect my opinion as well.

8 comments:

Jen said...

You're such an idiot ... it baffles my mind how we could have been raised in the same home. You are SUCH an embarrassment ...

It is clear that it IS a black/white thing ... and it is an IGNORANT thing - you rely on other people's research taken out of context, and refuse to do your own ...

God help your children ...

SB said...

This should remove all doubt as to why I don't speak to my sister. (She's probably shocked that I published it.)

It is NOT a black-white issue.
I think for myself.
I have my own thoughts.

God is in my life, Jenni.
Is He in yours?
And please don't read my blog. After all, it's just a bunch of nothin', sis.
I'll be praying for you.

Signed,
The Embarrassment

Anonymous said...

You're right Suzanne...your sister has some real issues. Why does she read it...just to look for things to flame you with? What’s that all about? Sad.

As a fellow Christian woman, I'm most disturbed by the comment he made a while ago and it continues to stick with me...“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. I don’t want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn’t make sense to not give them information.” Wait until his daughters are old enough to realize that he was calling his children "punishment". Lefties out there that support this "man" probably have no trouble seeing children as punishment...in fact they probably line up with their daughters up for abortions...don't even get me started. The old "I Survived Roe vs. Wade" bumper stickers will likely be replaced by "I Survived Barack Hussein Obama, I wasn't Aborted".

Did you know, while a member of the Illinois Legislature, he actually voted in FAVOR of allowing babies, who were already born but need ANY medical treatment, to DIE!! So...if your baby needed to be under the bili lights...you could decide to just let him or her die. Lovely...

And HOW many languages does he speak while visiting Europe?

Lefties would expect higher values while picking out a baby sitter than they do an American President.

Oops, you got me started.

Linda said...

Suz, this is why you are MY sister...

I would never call you an embarrassment or ingorant. Best part? God surely IS helping your children, by making YOU their mom. They will be better informed and raised than the ill-advised Jen up above...

God help HER....because we all know YOUR place is secured in heaven...hers? Not likely. Burning eternally is never worth the pettiness of attacking your sister. But you're mine, girl...you're MY sister (God just made a mistake and didn't give us to the same mom!)

FXSmom said...

wow...I can see why you don't speak to your sis. I can't believe people say such hateful things to "family." I never had blood relatives and she makes me glad I didn't.

You are a beautiful soul...I know you know that. And God has helped your children...they have you as a mom and they are thriving :)

Heather said...

Why does she even read your blog? I am just baffled! God bless you for standing up for yourself. How can someone who is your family be so hateful?!?!

Dawn said...

She obviously has some serious issues that go beyond politics and yourself. It's really sad actually. I hope she looks into counseling if she hasn't already.

And I admire your ability to rise above it with all the class that you've exhibited. That speaks volumes on who the real "idiot" is here. ;)

Dawn said...

One other thought I had...is she married with a family?

Because there seems to be an underlying jealousy in her comments that just screams "I wish I were you!" Especially in the children comment.

You are beautiful, your family is beautiful, you're happy, talented, and fulfiled. I could see where she'd be jealous but that's still no excuse for it.