Sunday, September 28, 2008

catching up...

technology
I ain't feelin' the love, ya know? My Blackberry went silent, forwarding me NONE of my important e-mails. Then I got locked out of my business mail due to a password issue. VERY frustrating. I had to leave the computers alone for the weekend. It's a bit better now...

playing...
I am addicted to the song "Only the World" by Mandisa. Man, I hear that song and I wanna get up and dance like the fool that I am. Anyone else have a song that makes them lose their mind? Speak up!

Seen...
While at Tyson's Corner this weekend, we saw the one and only, Bill O'Reilly. The line to get his book signed was several hundred deep. It was good to see that many conservative minds in one spot!

blessing...
my whole life. Sometimes I just gotta stop and take a breathe and be VERY grateful, you know?

Balvanz Academy
The kids are rocking the homeschool (by the way, that's the OFFICIAL name: Balvanz Academy, ain't that somethin'!) This week, it's archeology, number magic, LOTS of reading, and painting self-portraits. (I might allow them to set up the cameras and photograph themselves as well, for a different perspective...) Maybe we'll squeeze in a swimming playdate. I am so proud of both of their efforts. It's not perfect, but it's really good.

AMAZING savings
Jonathan was the most amazing grocery helper today while we were at Martin. Feast your frugal eyes on THIS:



Yep, we saved $152.10. It was such a savings, the store was suspicious and ran my totals through the customer service managers. They'd never seen anyone save like this. They just don't know me very well...I'll be teaching other homeschool Moms in my local area just how to do this on a regular basis.

on-going project
I have been building up my Food Storage. I am more than a little freaked by the tumult of the market and I like the idea of being really, really prepared. I'll share this project later in the week. It's exciting.....

almost forgot
We went on a field trip with the homeschool group. To our local Fire Station, in advance of Fire Safety Month in October. It was so much fun AND educational. I learned alot. Did you know that their uniforms weigh upwards of 85#? I couldn't walk 5 feet strapped with that much....Pardon the less than great picture of my kiddos, I was actually enjoying the moment, instead of stressing over THE PERFECT PICTURE...



Now, I am off to hold down my section of the couch as we watch some TV, curled up with kiddos.

7 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I love reading your blog. I can "hear" you & I've never "heard" you IRL. Maybe I'm just hearing Linda M & thinking it's you. LOL

I love Natalie Grant's "I Will Not Be Moved" right now. Awesome song. I heard her at Women of Faith this past summer. I listen to her album just about every single day - in fact right now! :-)

I WANT TO KNOW your saving secret! Oh..my..gosh!!! That is amazing!!!

Linda said...

Holey kaboley! you need to teach me your frugal ways...I can't even remember to bring coupons (but then again, we hardly EVER get coupons here...and I got so tired of never having all the coupons for the Grocery Game that I quit!). Can't WAIT for big-city living where newspapers are more than 15 pages long, are delivered in the A.M. and the Sunday paper takes more than 15 minutes to read, cover to cover!!! Oh, and SUNDAY COMICS, PLEASE!

Hope you get your techie issues resolved....

rennratt said...

Will you have projects/outings every month at the school?

One of my friends works at a local Lifeway (Christian Bookstore) and heads up a weekly Story Time for home school kids.

If you have a local Lifeway, it may benefit to ask if they offer the same. (If they don't, I can get you the local store info...)

WE recently saved about $75 on a local trip to the store. I thought of you immediately!

Paula Fasciano said...

Ooohh SB...I can't wait for the blog on coupon cutting 101...WOW!
Also so good to hear that Balvanz Academy is thriving! Good for you!

Jessica said...

PLEASE share on your blog how you were able to get that grocery bill so LOW ! WOW! I am good about shopping at different places for different things and watching prices and I use a few coupons here and there but HOW did you do that? I am dying to know!

Sue said...

I bow to you oh queen of shopping -- great job LOL

michelle said...

Yes, please, please share your frugal secrets.