Wednesday, September 10, 2008

stuff on a Wednesday


I can hardly breathe. My asthma has been SO bad these past two days that before Greg left town, I had to brief the kids on emergency procedures (how to dial 911, what info to give the operator- I even printed it up and stuck it kid-eye level on the doors of the kitchen) It literally feels as if I am breathing glue...lung filling sticky glue. I hate asthma.
---------------------------
Sick or not, homeschool mushes on. Today is the Popsicle Experiment. If you're lucky and I am good, there will be photos later.
---------------------------
I did it! I bought the kids' Rosetta Stone CD's (Mandarin Chinese, here we come!) I was so nervous. How silly is that? I bought it through a special offer that netted me 250 free prints through DotPhoto (maybe I'll scrapbook again someday....)
---------------------------
Today's obscure holiday/Special Day:
It's National Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness Day. There is no "safe" time to drink during pregnancy. The brain develops very early and alcohol is toxic to it.
Also, it's National TV Dinner Day. (Hmmmmm...as a kids I would only eat the Salisbury Steak ones. Now the thought of eating that makes me ill...)
---------------------------
The other day, I was in a growly mood and I did something I haven't done in a long LONG time: I whacked my hair off. In a fit of anger, I cut my own hair. It doesn't look awful....but if someone else had done this to me, I'd ask for my money back. And NO, I will not show a picture...
---------------------------
More later.

No comments: