Tuesday, September 16, 2008

there was a Monday?

There was a Monday yesterday?? It was such a blur, I don't remember it...Husband is gone again, galavantin' around the US. Although if you asked him, he would say it's not as much fun as it sounds...

:)


I am breaking out the chick flicks!! Tonight I am watching "Then she Found me". I don't know how far I will make it. For some reason, Helen Hunt just annoys me. I like her on "Mad about you" but then she got annoying. I am watching this one tonight because Colin Firth is in it.


saw that CatsLife Press stamps has their new images out. I am going to make a wish list. You know.....on the off-chance I win the Lottery or something. A girl has to be prepared for these things...


the kids still liking k12 for their homeschooling. Greg loaded the Rosetta Stone Chinese this weekend. they REALLY REALLY like it. Adam scored a 90% accuracy on his pronunciation for the 1st Unit. I'm playing catch-up because before you know it, he'll be walking around talking about me in a language that I don't speak. (I know what that is like.....)

I now have to get OFF of the computer and go get promised pizza for Jonathan's lunch.(He doesn't like Greg's travel schedule so I am having to pacify him today with a favorite lunch). And then we're back home to complete school work before a SWIMMING play date. (One of our neighbor kids is showing a bit of jealousy that my kids are out swimming during the day, and not trapped at school....) Homeschooling does have its advantages! But make no mistake: I am a demanding teacher. I am responsible for their education and I take it seriously.

6 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I agree with you about Helen Hunt. Glad you are enjoying homeschooling! My kids aren't thrilled with it this year but I'm enjoying it - go figure. LOL

Linda said...

I like Colin Firth, too....

Share your wish list from CatsLife...maybe you'll get your Christmas presents from there....

Sounds like YOU'RE loving the homeschooling thing too...you're not H/S'ing Jonathan, are you?

Holly's Mom said...

Chinese, Swimming, and Pizza, sounds like an amazing day!

--I so don't want to be back at work....

Anonymous said...

Would love to know what you thought of the movie. I read (and enjoyed) the book, and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Colin Firth (the only man on the planet I would leave my husband for).
Thanks!

NoahandMaddysMom said...

I also agree with you and Berry Patch about Helen Hunt. I was a huge Mad About You fan. But once that ship sailed...she got wierd. I have not seen this movie but I heard it has a Chinese adoption plot line so I have in in my Blockbuster que since we are waiting for our referral of our daughter from China.

Jessica said...

How do you like the Rosetta stone? I am considering making an "investment" do you think it is worth it? Rubber stamping? do you like Rubber stamping? WOW! Yet, another thing we have in common. I have lots of them! LOVE em!