Wednesday, October 01, 2008

art for homeschoolers

We're into Art here in this house.
Lots of creative minds around here.
I have my camera, Greg has amazing singing and musical abilities.
Micaela and Adam draw. And Jonathan is a painter.

This week, we're looking at Great Artists like Da Vinci. (Adam thinks the Mona Lisa was hiding a secret...how astute!)

Anyhow, their assignment was to do a self-portrait. Here are the results.



I love that Micaela is not at all chromophobic, like her Momma.
She adores color and is not scared to mix things up!



Adam is heavily into his Robot Phase.
He declared that men don't smile in art.
He is such a guy sometimes.
I mean, really.....

6 comments:

Berry Patch said...

Awesome idea!

Holly's Mom said...

I love there little drawings!! So Amazing

kristen@nosmallthing said...

LOVE the art and those pictures!

And the pictures of Micaela are just wonderful!

lovebeingamom said...

Be sure to do the Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel thing. Tape some paper to the underside of your kitchen table and paint away . . .

SB said...

that is an AWESOME idea.....

FXSmom said...

Adam cracks me up. Reminds me so much of my oldest boy...though he rarely lets me get a camera near him and he is sooo cute!