Wednesday, October 01, 2008

organ donation


I woke up last night with TERRIBLE chest pains. Scared the daylights out of me.

My mom laughed at me once, when I was pregnant with one the younger ones, I thought I was DYING...I mean REALLY dying. My chest hurt so bad, I thought I was going to pass out. She laughed and said, "It's heartburn." For the record, I've only had heartburn TWICE in my life. Am I lucky or what?

So this pain in my chest (which I still have this morning) made me stop and think:
What if it's more than just heartburn? What if it were something serious? I pray it's not. It does hurt when I breathe deeply. Okay not even very deeply.

So I thought, I'd better write on my blog that I am an organ donor. Just so everyone knows. My husband and I are both organ donors. I think it's a gift that we can all give. It's on my license and I carry a card in my wallet, so there's no doubt: I am an organ donor!

Just thought I would share!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear we live in parallel universes.... I've been having the same kind of chest pain (but not when I breathe deeply, just in general) and I attribute it to stress, but worry that it's something more. Maybe we both should go check this out with a doctor, because it sounds serious when you talk about it.

SB said...

I'll go if you go.

:)

Linda said...

Yes...I am a donor too...and no, I don't have chest pains (but I did awhile back....)

Anyway - good for you for telling the world you're a donor

Anonymous said...

Your post plus a book I'm reading convinced me I should go to the doctor, so I'll be calling them tomorrow. You?

SB said...

ok fine, you anonymous nag....

:)

I'll call tomorrow, too.

Sheesh. relentless, ain't ya?

What book are you reading? Do tell.