Thursday, October 09, 2008

post #1750

Can you believe this my 1,750th post?? Holy mole'! That's a LOT of nothin'...
I love blogging. I love meeting new people, hearing the back and forth. It's been healthy for me to have this "outlet" since my scrapbooking fell by the wayside. Plus I learn SO MUCH from other bloggers. I am so thankful for Bloglines!
-------------------------
I am kind of blue. Lack of energy. I am doing too much and I need to take a break for a bit. This includes the blog, so if I don't post for a day or two, it's only because I am whooped up tired and I have other stuff that I NEED to do (laundry, anyone??)
-------------------------
Homeschooling report: I probably only report the glowing, sunshiney days here. Because we've really been enjoying it very much. But we had a DAY last Friday...You know, one of THOSE days. Where no one would sit still. Where I was told that I wasn't a REAL teacher (because I didn't even have any apples on my desk...) When I was informed that I was too cranky to be a teacher that day....They were right though. I was cranky. And I didn't have any apples. Some days, homeschooling totally rocks. It means A LOT of prep for me. Keeping it interesting for two different ages AND abilities is a challenge. I am building character, educating my children, but I, too, am learning. I don't regret it for a second. It's the right thing for our family. I just have to remember that in any life, there are days when you have to remind yourself to BREATHE. Deeply. And pray. Always pray...
-------------------------
It's come to my attention that my daughter is growing up. I threaten to make her start drinking coffee (to stunt her growth). And there's nothing I can do to stop it. Truthfully, I don't want to. But I wish I could just keep her innocent a while longer. She's so precious. I told someone recently that my job (as a photographer) is so simple because EVERYONE thinks their child is the most beautiful. (I am no exception). It's how God blesses us...





But after looking at these pictures of Micaela, who is ONLY 8....I am re-thinking the coffee-growth stunting action. She's so precious. (I wish I had pictures of myself at this age so I could compare...)
------------------------------
So begins my Bloggy Break. I'll see you guys in a few days. Don't miss me too much. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I'll try and NOT post about politics. It sure is getting "fun" though, ain't it?

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I should probably post about the days I have called my hubby to tell him I AM enrolling these hooligans in public school TOMORROW!!!! ;-) But I always calm down & they are still here.

As for you daughter - OH...MY...GOSH! She is absolutely adorable & I'm pretty sure you had the perfect subject to work with. Very precious.

I continually tell my boys I'm going to put books on their heads so they can't keep getting TALLER! My oldest is just mere inches from bypassing me. My first child taller than me. How is that possible???

Anonymous said...

Get yourself rested girl! Your daughter is adorable! Have a relaxing weekend and it'll be good to hear from you in a few days. Take care Suzanne; you know there is only one of you, and you need to be sure that you take care of yourself as well as your children.

JB

FXSmom said...

I love Micaelas eyes. They have so much life in them. It's like her whole life story is right there for the taking :)