Monday, October 13, 2008

a question of life...



Just something for the Obama folks to think about.....

I saw this one on Barbara's blog and just HAD to use it as well...



I have respect for other's opinions. Political and otherwise. But in my personal experience, I have found local Obama supporters to be rude and unpleasant. I will share a story with you tomorrow about what happened to me and Jonathan this weekend at the hands of two Obama supporters.

Now, as I say this, I don't think every Obama supporter is like those shown in the tape. One of my neighbors, an entirely sensible and pleasant man, is voting for Obama and he and I can talk. He doesn't yell or spit at me. Nor do I to that to him. Voting is a right, a priviledge and I encourage EVERYONE to exercise that right.

Why can't people be more respectful? Dissent doesn't have to be ugly.

3 comments:

Nancy Douglas said...

I read your comment on another blog about gum chewing/smacking and how it drives you nuts. I laughed out loud. We are a kin! Drives me nuts too.

It was nice to visit your blog. See you again soon.

Catherine said...

I'm always sorry to see that sort of thing, and I hope you and Jonathan did not get terrible treatment. We are Republicans in NY; in fact my brother was on the McCain committee for the upper west side in NYC. He does not have any issues about his politics. NYC has a Republican mayor, again, and has had a Republican governor for the some time until scandal drove out Spitzer.

We have seen some terrible tapes of McCain/Palin rallies with horrible demonstrations against Obama/Biden including some racist remarks and nasty signs. You can find them on the web if you look. There is unfortunately that element everywhere.
I just want you to know thatI don't find being a Republican in NY an issue at all. Most New Yorkers will vote Republican if the like the candidate. I think McCain would have had half a chance even here had he picked someone with more experience for VP. Too many here just will not vote for her possibility of becoming President. I think that is what sank McCain's chances. Palin may be a force to reckon with in the next 12 years, but right now, there is just no way.
Interesting to read blogs like yours that really like her as that is not something we see here at all. McCain, yes. Palin, nope.

Jessica said...

I am anxious to hear your story. I hope you guys were ok! HUGS!

JEssica