Thursday, October 09, 2008

Vote 2008

Even if you're not Catholic, (which I am not, I used to be, but I am Lutheran now...) you should watch this video. It's compelling and thought-provoking.



I have rec'd hate mail in the past weeks, some from people I know, most from really strange "anonymous" people. I just want you all to know that even if I don't agree with your politics or how you think, I respect your rights. We should ALL vote. It's a priviledge that we should all exercise.

Personally, I am voting on issues.
On Experience.
On Life.
On Service and sacrifice.
I am absolutely positively going to vote.
Don't sit this one out, people. Let ALL votes be counted.

5 comments:

Linda said...

At least the stupid one hasn't been blogging lately...

Berry Patch said...

Really good post. I laugh though as my BIL is a total Obama follower. He has been e-mailing us stuff to sway our vote. My hubby just told hiim (his brother) that at least their votes will cancel each other out. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin makes me ashamed to be a woman. And embarrassed to be an Alaskan.

Keep your eyes peeled: The Supreme Court is ruling on Troopergate at 4:30 p.m. AST TODAY.

Let the impeachment proceedings begin!

Who do you think McCain's *real* choice for VP will be?

SB said...

how's it going in Juneau, eh?

I happen to like Sarah Palin. But I know lots of people who don't like her.

If I were in her place, I might be inclined to fire that slimeball BIL of hers, too. He was a sick, twisted poor excuse of a human. Any man who terrorizes his family in that manner deserves far worse.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear you received Hate mail. ICK! Sometimes people let voting get to their emotions too much. It can be an emotional thing but that is still no reason for people to treat others with disrespect just because they have a different view. GEESH! You are exercising your freedoms and it is your right to do so! Anyways, I guess I am getting a bit emotional here. LOL! I am all about our freedoms! Here are some HUGS going your way and a big good for you for standing on what you believe is right for your country! HUGS! JEss