Friday, November 07, 2008

cool quote

On my blog roll this morning (thank God for Bloglines or I would NEVER get anything done!!) I was reading someone's blog..and they had this cool quote.

I.LOVE.THIS.

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

I swear: I am gonna have this painted on a super cool wooden plaque and hang it in my lonely scrap area....Right next to my cool flag that Linda gave me that reads: "Through Christ, all things are possible." (I caught Adam chanting that as he tried to cram his TENT into his backpack....)

It's FRIDAY, people.
I got a date tonight.
I turn 40 in two days and I am feelin' good!!


I even recoved from my sleep-hangover. You ever had one? It's where you sleep too much and you wake up feeling hungover. I don't drink so it's not a REAL hangover, but man it sure felt like one. I went to Starbucks last night, literally closed the place down. Met a new networking business contact. She was SO cool (Hi Mary!!) I haven't laughed that hard in forever (note to self: need to get out MORE!!) But then I came home and I was on fire with ideas. Of course, my household had gone too bed. So I had to be quiet. I love being awake at night, it's when I am most productive. It took me a long LONG time to fall asleep. I even watched all of my DVR'ed shows (is it just me or is "Grey's Anatomy" really boring this year??)

Just a helpful FYI: you know what cures a sleep hangover? A McDonald's coke and a Snickers. Not the healthiest choice but I feel much better.

Have a great weekend, y'all!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cure is a coke and a Milky Way! Works every time.

Wishing you a very happy birthday (you deserve it!)! My 40th (a few years ago) was the best birthday I ever had. Hope yours is gerat too.

FXSmom said...

Have fun on your date!! Happy birthday Sunday!

The Other Lion said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, Greys is pretty boring lately.

Berry Patch said...

..."reads: "Through Christ, all things are possible." (I caught Adam chanting that as he tried to cram his TENT into his backpack....)"

Oh thanks for that huge LOL!

It sounds like you are having a great birthday weekend. Hope tomorrow is just as fun.