Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love Fall

Fall is my favorite season....
A carpet of fallen, colorful leaves in my yard is a welcome sight.
I don't get the whole concept behind raking leaves. I mean, WHY? They are so cool. The way they crunch beneath your shoes, the kaleidoscope of colors. It's an artist's dream come true. You might think I romanticize leaves.....and maybe I do, but I love them.
I love the crispness of Fall mornings. I love the surrender of Fall to Winter's grip.

And then there's my front yard..........
and then of course, my own personal leaf bandits!! And check out that great haircut on my boy. He rocks a high and tight, doesn't he?

1 comment:

FXSmom said...

I love leaves too!! I used to bag them up cuz I thought that was what I was "supposed" to do. Now I just rake them into the back yard for everyone to play in. And it's enclosed so the neighbors aren't getting the leaves from my yard. I actually watched a neighbor on sunday using a shop vac on his lawn to clear out the leaves. How sad :(