Monday, November 03, 2008

We the People....

Tomorrow, some of you will stand in the booth and cast your ballot.
I don't know about you, but I get all emotional thinking about that whole process. I mean, we are BLESSED with this right and some people just don't exercise their right to vote. I suppose that they can choose that path, but why would you?

The right to vote wasn't just handed to Americans. They had to fight for it. It is a right we take for granted, one that defines our nation as a democracy. But universal suffrage — letting everyone vote — did not appear overnight with the ratification of our Constitution. Two hundred years ago, you had to be white, male, and wealthy in order to vote. And look at us now: we stand on the day before we select our President, choosing possibly our FIRST Black President.

The reasons I won't for Barack Obama have NOTHING to do with the fact that he's black. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he's the wrong guy for the job. He's under-qualified, ill-equipped and I believe if he is elected, he will lead our beautiful country down a wretched road. He's promised so much that he will never deliver. He fills his rallies with lies and half-truths.

I realize that tomorrow, we will choose a new President. And the man who I voted for might not win. I pray that he does. That's all I can do at this point is PRAY. I pray that as people go into the booths, that they choose with the conscience. Not becauase of some misguided feeling of hope and change. I cannot fathom how the American Public has fallen for the slick campaign that he fashioned. But like I said to someone else today: Americans love a good sitcom, a fancy commercial. And that's what Barack Obama is: a very well put-together production. That man is cardboard where we as a country, at war and vulnerable, need STEEL.

So I'll pray. And I hope that you will, too.




Prayer Guide for the Presidential Election

Psalm 32:6-7
Pray that Christians will be motivated to pray faithfully for this election
and that the Lord would deliver us from the wrong leaders..

Psalm 16:7-8
Pray that the Lord would give wise counsel and guidance to our next president.

Proverbs 16:13
Pray that our nation will listen to the truth and not be led astray.

Hebrews 11:32-34
Pray that God's man could, through faith, persevere and maintain his courage.

Psalm 125
Pray that those who trust in the Lord will not be shaken.

Psalm 86:14-17
Pray that the Lord would defeat those who have no regard for Him.

2 Cor. 12:9
Pray that the Lord would empower and enable His man in any area of weakness.

II Kings 13:16
Pray that the Lord would put His hands on and guide the man of His choice and his team.

Proverbs 1:5-6
Pray that God's man will listen with discernment, add to his knowledge, and receive wise counsel.

John 16:33
Pray that the man of God's choice would be given wisdom and ability from the Lord to overcome any obstacle or difficulty.

Acts 17:30
Pray for repentance for yourself and for our nation.

Luke 12:54-57
Pray that God's man and our nation will be discerning and do what is right.

Phil. 4:13
Pray that the Lord's choice for President will have special strength and unusual ability from God.

Habakkuk 1:5 and 3:2
Pray that the Lord would do something that would utterly amaze us and give His servant victory.

~Prayer is the only answer we have.~

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are so right! Thanks for sharing that! LOL! I am still bummed though that I didn't get an "I voted" sticker! Hugs!
Jess

NoahandMaddysMom said...

Amen...thanks for sharing Suzanne.