Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a funny story

I saw this story and it reminded me of a long lost memory...


I went to a friend's house over the Christmas break a long time ago and I was admiring their hand-carved Nativity scene. And where Baby Jesus was supposed to be....there was a circus peanut.

I am not kidding....a Circus Peanut....They had a family member who was autistic and obsessed with the Baby Jesus but somehow afraid of Circus Peanuts, so in order to protect the Baby Jesus, they replaced him in the days leading up to the Holiday with the Circus Peanut. The kids wouldn't go near it for days......it was a little funny seeing this beautiful hand-carved masterpiece with a piece of orange candy wrapped in swaddling cloth....

Do you have a completely off the wall Christmas memory to share? Come on, don't leave me out here all alone, looking goofy. Ok....goofier than normal.

5 comments:

FXSmom said...

omg that is hilarious!! Nope no wierdness here. Nope Never ;-)

ohhollyf said...

Oh that peanut made me laugh.
Mike & I were married Christmas day total mayham.........but my Smile was so wide and plastered my top lip got stuck to the gumline....not a pretty sight :)

paige said...

thats really cute!

Kristiem10 said...

Who can beat a swaddled circus peanut?

Anonymous said...

Can't beat your peanut story, but here's my family's nativity scene humor: My parents always put out the old, huge, beautiful manger -- with the typical pieces (3 kings, Mary, Joseph, some camels, cows, etc.). As the days to Christmas got shorter and shorter, my Dad would add other animals (from our toy box) and other similar sized figures. I think we had a GI Joe one time, a pretty pony another .... you get the picture! When friends stopped to view the gorgeous manger, they'd do a double take when they saw who was in the crowd!