Thursday, December 18, 2008

I <3 hulu...


I probably found HULU from someone else's blog...because you know that's what I do all day....surf blogs. HA! Do you know about HULU?
Here's what you need to know.............

I was watching "Life" during the lunch break.....and oh my gosh, they better come back soon. THIS is why I don't know watch sitcoms or dramas on TV, because I get all hooked on 'em.

I am all about watching TV for free online. I have reduced my Netflix to 2-at-a-time by watching movies and shows online.....Of course, everyone knows about NETFLIX ® Official Site. Since we're total homebodies, we love Netflix. It's cheap (compared to $60-70 to take the family to see one feature movie....) and it's quick. We live near a distribution center so I have my movies in one day, just like the commercials say. Plus if you're waiting until the last possible minute to shop for gifts, they have Gift Subscriptions....(thinking about getting my Mom one..) Also side note: did you know Netflix is supposed to be one of the best stocks to own in 2009.....? (and no, Netflix is not paying me to endorse them...but if they wanna send me free movies, I am ready!!)
ETA: I realize that some of you will say that subscribing to a movie club, like Netflix, is contrary to my frugal ways. Here's how we justify it: I use it for documentaries and learning for the homeschool classroom, PLUS we watch a lot of family movies. Getting a babysitter when you have kids with special needs is cost prohibitive, so we stay home and watch movies. I do utilize my library as well.

3 comments:

Holly's Mom said...

You can also watch netflix on demand, online so you don't have to wait and its unlimited with the 7.99$ account.. Pretty cool.

SB said...

Excellent poitn. I do wath the instant viewing/On Demand. My oldest son is obsessed with "Ratatouille (2007)" so that's how he watches it....Netflix is so thrifty.

Anonymous said...

Netflix fan here too, but went to the lowest plan since we don't have a lot of time to watch movies during the school year (in the summer when we watch at least one per day we increase to a higher plan). Netflix is very thrifty! If I hired a babysitter and two of us went out to the movies, even without popcorn and drinks, that's like 4 months of Netflix!