Monday, December 29, 2008

I am still here....

Did y'all think I fell off of the Earth?
I haven't blogged in what....five days? Wow.....that's a long time for me.
My husband has taken some time off from work and all of my time has been spent with him and the kiddos.

I am thankful that he's been home to help with Jonathan. (Jonathan does NOT like long vacations from school.....but he's only had the one meltdown so far.....)

How was my Christmas? It was quiet. A little low-key. And I am not complaining.
Gifts were unwrapped and fun was had. The kids loved their gifts. Micaela shrieked with joy unwrapping the Rollover Pup and Adam loved his Elenco Snap Circuits Jr. Kit...Jonathan liked his box of Cheez-It® Baked Snack Crackers.....Hey don't laugh! It was the ONE thing he was most excited about! I had already given Greg his main gift (an Apple - iPod nano) and he's been enjoying it for weeks....(what can I say? I am horrible at keeping gifts a secret....)

My favorite Christmas memories were getting Jonathan to church on Christmas Eve, coming home and baking a few cookies for Santa while watching The Nativity Story (2006) with the kids, as they grew sleepier and sleepier. Sneaking quietly into the living room and leaving gifts for the kids. And seeing their happy faces....

For me, it was not about the stuff. It really is about these memories.
I do love Christmas.

1 comment:

FXSmom said...

lmao...I only laugh about the cheez-its because that is so Matty. He LOVES Cheez-its. He loves them so much that he has a box that literally has his name on in his class room, at the afterschool program and at both grandmas houses.

Glad you have gotten to spend some time with your hubby and the holiday was relatively mellow.