Tuesday, December 09, 2008

my life: the adventure

You think food poisoning was enough for me this weekend.......?
Nope....I threw out my back, too. (Probably running to the bathroom 20 times in like 3 hours to throw up everything I've ever eaten...sorry TMI...)
My back hurt bad enough for me for go to the ER. Where after many tests, the doctor says "oh, it's muscular. You'll be fine...." Argh!
Well, I am happy to report my back IS feeling better. But eating again still scares me. Except for dark chocolate almonds from my Target. They calm me....


Before you do anything else, can you please life my friend up in prayer? Her name is Linda (cosmic sis) She is moving in a few days and could use some uplifting. Linda and I have OODLES in common. She's very special to me, so please join me in praying for her comfort. (Also pray for her husband, too...)


Now....where was I? Oh yeah....today was my husband's Unit party. I went, with a hurt back and very wound up kids. Not a good combo. But I got to the on-post thrift store. You know why I like it? They price things VERY cheaply. The idea at a thrift store is NOT to make a gazillion dollars, it's a volume business: move it in, move it out. Quickly. It irks me when local thrift stores charge $12.00 for a USED pair of lil girl's jeans....I can go to Wal-Mart and buy TWO pair brand new for that much. They don't think it through.....


Anyway, looked what I scored: (just in time for Christmas!!)





I also bought a Christmas platter for $0.25...I was going to take it to the Advent Tea which is tonight but I am not going. I am just worn down from the weekend. So I have a date with a warm blanket and a pillow.


Did I tell you I also bought this? PLAYMOBIL® Nativity Manger + Three Wise Kings This is one thing I paid full prince for (which rarely happens). But I feel it's important that the kids be able to play with and touch the set and get to know the Story of Jesus' birth. Adam has asked A LOT of questions...like how did we get from Jesus' birth to Santa Claus....and he wants to know if Santa was there when Jesus was born, and if it's our Savior's birth that we celebrate, why doesn't HE drop down the chimney........It's these questions that we address in homeschooling. We pile on the couch and talk stuff through. I like knowing that they can ask anything. If I don't know it (which happens) we look it up.

The adventure continues.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell my kids that Saint Nicholas delivers gifts to kids to celebrate Jesus's birth, that's why he's a saint, because he knows how important Jesus's birth is. And I tell them that because we can't give presents to Jesus on his birthday, we give presents to others instead, in His name. We're big into giving, not getting, at Christmas, that's why Saint Nicholas/Santa 'thanks' us by giving us a few small things.

rennratt said...

Were you able to call the restaurant about the food poisoning? I can't imagine being that sick!

I hope that you have been able to get some rest and start to recover!

FXSmom said...

{{{hugs}}} Hope you get right as rain soon :)

Berry Patch said...

Glad you're feeling better...so praying for Linda! I can't imagine moving to a whole new state so close to Christmas. Ugh! Love the new nativity & I may have to get one for my kiddos soon. LOVE thrift store shopping & great deals!