Monday, December 29, 2008

my ode to KAF

It really is almost stalker-like, how I shamelessly slobber all over King Arthur Flour.
And how often I mention them on my blog.....
Well, you know what....I talk about stuff in my life, and I use their flour exclusively, so it's part of my life, part of my every day routine...
If you are new here, welcome and when you're done reading, skip on over to King Arthur Flour - online baker's catalogue and you'll see why I love 'em....I bake for stress relief, and I have lots of stress. Therefore, I bake a lot. I mean, A LOT. This should clarify my relationship with my flour. It's very personal to me.

One of the things I have done to save money is to cancel EVERY catalog that had been finding its way into my mailbox. I mean, how can you turn The Gimme's off if you invite them into your mailbox? I only allowed two companies to keep asking for my money: King Arthur Flour Online and L.L.Bean: Official Site. If I were rich, my kitchen would look like the inside of a KAF catalog while I tromp around in something cute from LL Bean...Can you picture that? I so can.....really.


So my KAF catalog arrived the other day and was neglected under the pile of Christmas goodies on my table. (I never throw out the catalogs. They even have Recipes in 'em.....!) so I was late getting my catalog open. I am like a kid with my trusty pen, putting stars next to everything that I want....and let me just say, their photos rock. I hate getting catalogs that look so fake. KAF's photos are inviting and crisp. Almost decadent.....Too bad they aren't scratch -n- sniff. Actually that's probably a good thing....
So I am marking all of the stuff that I want. It would be easier to "X" out what I don't want. I basically want it all. I do. I can admit it here, with you guys.....
I saw this:

and literally gasped. Isn't it the cutest? I mean, seriously. Cute AND useful. I am more more a cake gal than a pie girl. (I think it's because I am on a quest for THE PERFECT APPLE PIE and I cannot find the recipe....some have come close but none is THE PIE....) I digress.....I love this lil thing. Adam was sitting next to me, looking through the catalog with me, and he recognized that look, and says "Is it calling your name, Mom??" He knows me so well.....If I were to buy this, it would make a GREAT addition to my pie topper thingies. I have one that does apple cut-outs and one that does hearts. But this looks like a snowflake.....

If you look through the catalog, odds are you'll find something (in my case, some THINGS) that you like. Some of it is pricey, or like we say back home, spendey. KAF is worth every penny. They have the BEST customer service of any company that I have every dealt with. Their merchandise is always top-notch and I think you get what you pay for. Some corners, you just can't cut. I mean, you just try and make their Butter-Pecan scones from scratch...Ain't gonna happen. Not for less than they charge. I love their scone mixes. One day (when I win the Lottery that I don't play), I am going to buy the Mix ’n' Magic Baking Club, 6 Months - December .....

Okay, I am done babbling about KAF. But arn it all, I am making Butter Pecan Scones tomorrow. I HAVE TO after all this talk....

5 comments:

Christy said...

So I looked and no, our commissary does NOT sell KAF. :( I may have to try ordering some online and seeing how much shipping kills me to decide if it's truly worth it or not. Of course if you've not mailed my box yet, just through some in there! ROFL!!

Berry Patch said...

My mom uses nothing but KAF. Finally - in my old age - I'm going that same route. I'm off to check out their catalog. I'm not sure that's a good idea or not....

Berry Patch said...

I just had to come back & say they got me with this....

We believe in chocolate. Undeniably. Indisputably. Irrevocably.

They had me at chocolate....

ohhollyf said...

Snowflake faux is in order !
Post use a pic if you master it;)

KAF Customer Service said...

Stop, you're making us blush! We are so happy to hear that we can be a part of something that is so important to you. I am definitely forwarding this post to others in the company.

Happy Baking in 2009!

MaryJane @ King Arthur Flour