Saturday, December 06, 2008

nothing....I got nothing


My wit has deserted me (as if I ever had any....)
Went out on my Date with the J Man, we went to the Olive Garden Italian Restaurant.
He wore a dress shirt with a tie.....and sweatpants... (he looked goofy but he was comfortable and THAT is what matters..) Before he left the house, I did convince him to change though. I didn't want uncaring, mean people to make fun of him....
I would love to show you a picture but I didn't take any.
He was so gallant. That's the best word for it.
He even came around and opened my door. My husband doesn't even do that so I have NO IDEA where he picked that up....
but we had a nice dinner. We talked, laughed, stared at other people. Just like a date.

But then around 11pm, something went horribly wrong...
Whatever I ate tried to kill me. (By the way, it was the Mixed Grill....)
This is only the 2nd time in like..uh 5 years, that I have eaten at the OG.
And I cannot go back there......my mouth starts watering (and not in a good way) even thinking about eating there again.....

So that sums up my Friday night.....now we're onto Saturday!
We're going to tackle some Christmas shopping. Jonathan was kind enough to help me with last-minute gifts last night, but now we have to shop for one last gift.....Thrift stores, here we come! I am HOPING that I can tackle some thrift stores with some local friends possibly next week. I am still building my Christmas decorations up. It takes years....

6 comments:

FXSmom said...

i would have loved to have seen that!! :) Nothing like a tie and sweats. Mixed grill should have been mixed kill huh. So sorry :(. HOpe today treats you better than last nights food :)

SB said...

Mixed Kill!! I love it....I am gonna call the OG today (to see if anyone else fell ill) and tell 'em that......

hahahahaha... Thanks for the giggle...

jugglingpaynes said...

Whatever you ate tried to kill you.
I would say your wit is intact. ;o)
And that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Very nice to meet you!
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Christy said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Olive Garden (do you HEAR the drool all the way from Germany???)

My personal favorite is Chicken Alfredo, although I love the salad and bread sticks...oh man I'm dying here, just dying! Oh what the heck, I could just drive 6 hrs and actually BE in Italy and eat REAL Italian food! ROFL !!!

Berry Patch said...

But that's a seriously cool photo at the top of your post....

Anonymous said...

You're a good mom. I'll bet your son enjoyed his night out with you more than you probably know. Have a blessed and merry Christmas Suzanne!

JB