Saturday, December 20, 2008

only a few more days....

I swear, my kids are gonna bust with excitement.
They are READY for Christmas.
Santa is tired, if you know what I mean....
I did enlist a new elf. He's been sworn to secrecy.


Look what I bought yesterday!! I couldn't resist....I know, it's $8 I could have saved but it was so darn cute, it was calling my name. Now I am not a big fan of gingerbread. So I think our cookie will be a sugar cookie. I just need the find the Ultimate Sugar Cookie Recipe.
If you have the Ultimate Sugar Cookie, please share. I'll be your best friend.........

3 comments:

Kris said...

Love the cookie pan! We're not a fan of gingerbread, either, but you could have a lot of fun decorating a gingerbread man-shaped sugar cookie. You'll have to post some pictures.

Thanks for participating in the Weekly Wrap-Up. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

My favorite recipe (and the title says it all):
Very Easy, Very Good Butter Cookies
2.5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, soft
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
colored sugars of your choice

In large mixer combine all but colored sugars. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
Heat oven to 400. Roll out dough on well floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars, if desired. Bake 6 to 10 minutes, depending on size, until edges slightly brown. Remove and cool.

Paula Fasciano said...

What a great alternative...I don't buy gingerbread houses to decorate b/c we don't like the taste...but a big sugar cookie, heck, I'd decorate that one!