Friday, December 12, 2008

reindeer, mice and tests...oh my!



1. Adam is OBSESSED with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.....so much so that he forced me to buy the most obnoxious Christmas toy that sings...and it's LOUD, people.....I don't know what's more noteworthy: that it sings VERY loudly or that I paid FULL price. But it's a Christmas toy and Adam is beyond THRILLED. He sang himself to sleep last night singing the Rudolph song...



2. I was walking through my kitchen the other day and saw a mouse. a MOUSE, folks...I had great restraint and didn't scream...Our house is an old one (85 years old....) and mice are relatively common in our neck of the woods. But it freaked me out. I actually went and bought traps. Micaela was lecturing me about respecting life and I shouldn't kill the mouse (She has seen Ratatouille (2007) just one too many times, I fear...) I don't like mice, I want it gone.


3. Today, I am testing the kids, comprehensively. On all of the spelling words and math skills they've acquired in the last 12 weeks. Fun stuff..


Let me share this with you:




video


Today will be a good day. I am getting my hair cut (FINALLY!!) and heading to Target. My Target, how I miss it. I wish there was a Target Lottery and the winner won a shopping spree....wouldn't that be nice? I could do a lot of damage with a 5-minute spree in Target....

4 comments:

rennratt said...

Oh, the dimples and slight lisp! I am smitten!

You're right. That toy is LOUD!

Happy testing and Target-ing!

Berry Patch said...

What a cutie! Loved the song! Hear you on the mice - we (honest!) killed about 8 mice over the course of three days recently. UGH! Have a great & fun day!

FXSmom said...

we have these thing in our utility closet that sends a sound or something that keeps the mice away. i have NEVER seen a mouse in my house. Might want to check into it.

Christy said...

Oh I hate mice too! My boys have both went through obsessions with Rudoloph as well. We have an really obnoxious video, not the classic one (although I think we have that one too) but it's a Missing Christmas toys one, too lazy to check the actual name, but it's annoying! LOL They love it!