Tuesday, January 06, 2009

makes me homesick...


Even though I was *born* in Texas, I consider Alaska home.

The hometown newspaper, the newsminer.com • Fairbanks, Alaska is our homepage on the computer and I had to giggle when I saw one of the headlines.....


The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District does not close for cold weather,
though there is no outdoor recess at 20 below zero in elementary school.


Makes me all homesick.....everyone I know has been rubbing it in that they have SNOW.....
We have NO SNOW.....Weather in LoCo is not cool. And I mean that literally AND figuratively.
All the old-timers keep sayin', Oh yeah, there's gonna be a REAL winter here this year..."
We'll see....

2 comments:

Mary L said...

NO! No snow in LoCo. Unless you loan me your seal-skin socks. Really. Truly. It's 35 on my deck now, and this is NOT my idea of weather. Keep it above 60, please! And below 85 with cool winds. :-) I bet heaven isn't 20 below!

Berry Patch said...

So sorry you are missing snow. Wish I could send some your way...