Tuesday, February 03, 2009

brain quest and more...

Tackled A LOT on my never-ending To-Do list today.
But not nearly enough.......

While we were out & about, we stopped at one of my favorite thrift stores: The Goodwill in Winchester VA is a TREASURE trove of cheap goodies. Their books are always plentiful and cheap....



like this: it was $0.99 for this set!! Adam and Micaela were THRILLED with this (as I had hoped they would be. It was so sweet to hear Adam encouraging his sister to search her brain for the correct answers...)

We had to go to the Store tonight and I allowed Adam to bring the cards in with him (as long as he stayed in the basket....which he is sadly out-growing....) Long story short, the cards were left in the basket and by the time I went back in our basket was gone and so were the cards.

Adam is heart-broken. And I don't want to spend $10-12.00 to buy them brand new.....I am HOPING to find another set soon. I love watching them learn together.

It's been a long day and I am looking forward to bedtime.....

3 comments:

Linda said...

oh...I'm so sad to hear that! My SIL gave us some of those...the preschool ones. Hannah used them, and now Scotty got that set, plus another one in his stocking from Grandma/Santa...used is perfectly fine!

Hey, I'm gonna check my Goodwill out and see if I can't find those here!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED BrainQuest when I was a kid! I did a quick Amazon search and found it...used copies going for as little as $1.10...of course there will be shipping too which is a bummer. :(

rennratt said...

Those sound like fun!

I'd try www.mentalfloss.com for fun stuff in the meantime. It's free, and you could pick/choose what content you share with your children. The book "Useless Knowledge" is quite a lot of fun; you could probably get a great deal on it through either Amazon or half.com.