Friday, February 13, 2009

a busy day....

First let me say I must I dislike blogging without pictures.
I like having photos.....
I SHOULD have my own computer back, adn my photo editing capability, back within a few days!! Wooooo Hoooo!

I have had such a busy day today...
Greg was off and we took off for DC...
We cruised the Lincoln Memorial National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)
It's so awesome. It really is.
Standing before that amazing memorial is humbling.

We also visited the Korean War Veterans Memorial (National Park Service)
and enjoyed the day together.....

Then we went to the Air Force Memorial in Arlington, Virginia...I'd never been to that one, and to be honest, I was not not that impressed with what I'd seen from the highway. But standing there was AMAZING. It's a beautiful piece of art. Standing beneath it makes you feel so small.

There's so much to see here in DC. I am lucky that we live here. It's a city rich in history...

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

I agree about DC. I was there once for a whirlwind tour of the city - for ONE day. We saw a lot but there is a lot we didn't see. I'm praying I can get back there with all my family some day. I know my hubby would love it & I'm sure my boys would to. I hope you get your PC back soon! It's always hard to be without it isn't it?