Wednesday, February 11, 2009

craft cruisin'

Today, I had a 50% off coupon for ACMoore.com-Arts and Crafts so I cruised the one in Ashburn. I like that store...it's so clean and the aisles are wide.

But I didn't NEED anything. I was only there killing time.

But I had that coupon. And it was a 50% off one item deal. Certainly I could find something......(I'll admit, not a very frugal attitude to have...) so I bought something necessary for the homeschool classroom. I bought a Watercolor Pad that we'll be using in Art. Saved me $8.00.

But that's not what I am here to write about.

I have not scrapped in forever. Actually since my birthday when Greg took the kids out of the house for the entire day. And even then, my scrapping was awful. It really was. It had no pizzazz (assuming it ever did....)

So I perused all of the "new" products. But truthfully, there were very few. Everything, just like ideas, is recycled. It's just more of the same. Aside from the fact that scrapbooking has suffered a tremendous blow due to decreases in discretionary spending, I think it has suffered because it's just not as much fun as it used to be. This is MY opinion, of course.

I did see this though:


Not only is this a deluxe 45mm rotary trimmer, it also has built-in speakers that connect to you MP3 player or portable CD player. Connects to player via the earphone jack and is compatible will all brands. No batteries or electrical connection required. Uses standard & decorative Fiskars "B" style blades. Built in carry handle.
Product: 377869 Mfg: FISKARS Retail: $110.00
I can unlock my inner rockstar while scrapping the day away?? I feel pretty darn confident saying that I do NOT have a rock star trapped inside of me, begging to be set free.
I think a trimmer with an M&M dispenser would've been better. Again, just MY opinion.
I am soooooo out of the scrap loop. And I am okay with that. I am building lots of memories and keeping track as best I can. I used to AGONIZE over scrapbooking. I miss it but not as much as I thought I would.
It's been a long day. School, then a surprise cake delivery, and now some pajamas and reading time. Tomorrow is Lincoln's 200th birthday and I have lessons to prepare!!

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

I feel the same way about my scrapbooking. I miss it but not as much as I thought. Although, I really should start getting rid of supplies. I still have a TON! It sounds like you had a great day.