Tuesday, February 10, 2009

geography is fun....NOT!

1) I am a fragile x carrier.

2) maps make NO SENSE TO ME at all.....

3) Even in my town, I use my GPS. It has saved my sanity more times than I will admit.

4) Geography is one of the subjects that we have in homeschooling here at Balvanz Academy.

5) It's hard to say who learns more: me or the kids......

6) When I saw this link, I thought, "ok, I'll see how much I know...."

7) I am ashamed to admit that I scored a 78% on my first try. It's those lil tiny Northeastern States that throw me off. I have NO PROBLEM with the "fly over" states....

8) My average error was ONLY 94 miles.....so I was really close on a few.

9) I am mentally thanking my husband for buying that GPS...and vowing to make sure my kids NEVER feel so inadequate.

Now I must go start my day. And maybe brush up on where Vermont is...I mean, I should KNOW this...It's where The Baker’s Store is....

3 comments:

Linda said...

I got a 98%, with a 2 mile error...I only had one mistake, Delaware, and it's only because my mouse slipped and I dropped it before I could get it to the coast. I failed 5th grade geography. That's why I can do this. Just like I failed a quarter in 7th grade spelling...now I'm a stickler for it. It's like my mind decided that since I messed up as a kid, I MUST know it now...

Berry Patch said...

Ahhh...one of the best benefits to homeschooling - learning right along with the kiddos. ;-)

SB said...

Linda is a big showoff...

:)

I KNEW this stuff in 5th grade. When we had this awesome teacher but that info was quickly replaced...

If we ever drive anywhere together, we will use my GPS or YOU will be the Navigator.....

:)