I had a friend back in TX. She's a GREAT friend and I miss her. We got along so well, but we disagreed on politics. She was (by her own admission) a "Foaming at the mouth Liberal-Democrat". And I tended to be more conservative and identified myself as a Republican. We worked together at an office where EVERYONE was either gay or a Democrat, or in most cases both. I was the Odd Woman Out. I know she voted for Barack Obama. If for no other reason that the fact that he's the Democrat.
She and I used to talk heatedly about opinions, respectful dissent and its place. She would fling obsceneties at me if I dared to question Bill Clinton (whom she adored. She declared him the Only White Man she could ever be with....) Since Bill Clinton gave me a major case of the willies, she held that against me for a long time.....When Slick Willie was busted for his Oval Office playing, she shrugged and said, "So..? Everyone does it..."
I wonder what she's thinking of her vote for Barack Obama now....I wonder if some of his voters are seeing a lil more clearly after lowering their rose-colored glasses. I mean, George Bush was NOT perfect. I disagreed on many of his policies and he made me very angry for not enforcing our Border and controlling immigration, but overall, I felt safe with him as my President. I didn't wonder, will me retirement accounts even exist when we retire? For all those people who were so anti-Bush, I can't help but wonder: if Barack Obama doing ANY BETTER?
Saw this on Mommy Life (she has all the great links....love that!)
52 days, 52 mistakes
Let me count them up, in no particular order. Some are big. Some are small.
We all make mistakes. Here’s his:
1. A do-over on the oath of office.
2. Tim Geithner.
3. Bill Richardson.
4. Tom Daschle.
5. Eric “Nation of Cowards” Holder.
6. Leon Panetta.
7. Arne “Cappuccino” Duncan.
8. Hilda Solis (OK, her husband has the tax liens).
9. Nancy Killefer.
10. Charles Freeman Jr.
11. Ron Kirk.
12. Adolfo Carrion.
13. Banning offshore oil again.
14. Letting Nancy Pelosi write the $787 billion “stimulus’ plan.
15. Relying on Tim Geithner to explain it.
16. It is a $13-a-week stimulus, or as his wife said of Bush’s plan: “You’re getting $600. What can you do with that? Not to be ungrateful or anything. But maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn’t pay down every bill every month.”
17. Going to a press conference without a TelePrompTer. I… Uhh… Umm… Could you repeat the question?
18. Using a TelePrompTer at a press conference. Big boys don’t need training wheels.
19. “Good evening, everybody. Please be seated. Before I take your questions tonight, I’d like to speak briefly.” 1,228 words later he took his first question.
20. Going after Rush Limbaugh.
21. Going after Rick Santelli.
22. Going after Jim Cramer.
23. “Never waste a good crisis.”
24. Obama supporter Warren Buffett: “I don’t think anybody on December 7th would have said a ‘war is a terrible thing to waste, and therefore we’re going to try and ram through a whole bunch of things and — but we expect to — expect the other party to unite behind us on the — on the big problem.’ It’s just a mistake, I think.”
25. Writing a love letter to Vlad and Dmitry.
26. Putting Poland under the bus.
27. Putting Tibet under the bus.
28. Putting Israel under the bus.
29. Taking Cuba out from under the bus.
30. Having his tax cheat go after the tax cheats in Switzerland. Cognitive dissonance.
31. “Karzai has a bunker mentality.”
32. Iran has plans to Marine One helicopters.
33. “I won.”
34. BlackBerry singing in the middle of the night/ Take these golden secrets and learn to fly…
35. Obama: “If Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off.” CEO: No. There will be more layoffs.
36. DVDs to Gordon Brown.
37. “You can’t take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers’ dime.” Vegas convention bookings nosedive.
39. Reset/overcharge button given to Russia.
40. Taking a 4-day holiday weekend before signing “emergency” legislation.
41. “I did think it might be useful to point out that it wasn’t under me that we started buying a bunch of shares of banks. It wasn’t on my watch. And it wasn’t on my watch that we passed a massive new entitlement — the prescription drug plan — without a source of funding. And so I think it’s important just to note when you start hearing folks throw these words around that we’ve actually been operating in a way that has been entirely consistent with free-market principles and that some of the same folks who are throwing the word ’socialist’ around can’t say the same.”
42. Stiffing Chicago for nearly $2 million for that Election Night par-tay.
43. Caroline Kennedy.
44. Bombing Pakistan.
45. Sending the bust of Sir Winston Churchill back to the British.
46. Saying: “President Obama has accomplished more in 30 days than any president in modern history.”
47. A window is not a door.
48. Doctors must perform abortions.
49. Signing earmarks while denouncing them.
50. Adding signing statements while denouncing them.
51. Quadrupling the deficits, while denouncing them.
52. Missing the Gridiron Club dinner.
But be of good cheer.
He has 1,409 days left to make up for his stumbles out of the starting gate.
And before you get those fingers crankin' for Hate Mail, remember this: I am not being hateful. I am giving Barack a chance. I am respectfully dissenting. I dont' agree with his policies nor his approach. I think we, as a country, put the Wrong Guy into the most important position in all of the World and he's ill equipped to handle it. The evidence is showing on a daily basis.
I pray for our country. For our elected leaders.
I hope you do, too.