Thursday, March 26, 2009

for the love of Bread


I am so excited that I will probably burst.....I did it!! I duplicated the bread that they make at Carrabba's....I even tracked down ALL of the spices they use for the dipping...!!
In the absence of a wood-burning oven, I used a combination of regular oven baking and last few minutes under the broiler....

The Bread

1 cup of water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1.5 teaspoons white sugar
1.5 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2.5 cups bread flour
1.5 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place these ingredients in your bread machine from wettest first, then put in bread flour and add yeast in a well at the very end. Select white bread cycle.
(I used the machine just for the making of the dough....I then used my own over to rise the dough then make the bread......I'll let you know what my tasters think about it....It sure looks pretty....)
Spices for dipping in Olive Oil:

Use equal amounts of the following:
  • Crushed Red & Black pepper (I use very little red pepper)
  • Oregano
  • Rosemary
  • Basil
  • Parsley
  • Fresh granulated garlic
  • kosher salt

Grind these together and put them on a plate and pour EVOO over it. Dip your bread and try not to eat all of it. Leave SOME for your guests...YUM YUM!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

OMG, I LOVE YOU! I am going to be making this SOON.....