Saturday, March 21, 2009

a joke (political)


This ended up in my in-box....

Let me say before I post this, it's not dirty. But it is political.....
And there have been a few comments on how my readers come here for advice on frugality, humor, recipes and such....Well, I am a whole person. This blog is about what happens in my day, my life and I am a thinking person.

So if you don't agree with politically (which many do not), then mosy on off to a friendlier blog. Just don't read here. If it makes you mad, then DON'T READ IT. But don't send me hate mail because you don't agree. Not everyone thinks like you do.

So now that I have THAT off my chest, let me share a joke:

The Dept Of Defense briefed the president this morning and told OBAMA that two Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's surprise, all the color drained from Obama's face. Then he collapsed onto his desk, head in his hands, visibly shaken, almost in tears.

Finally, he composed himself and asked, 'Just how many is a brazilian?'

This is especially enlightening since he obviously has no understanding of what a billion or a trillion is either.
------------------------------------------

In other news, my date last night was GREAT. My husband makes me laugh. He's such a good guy. Doesn't hurt that he took me to my favorite eatery.....

Enjoy your weekend. I am going to LIVE IT UP. Next week, I announce the big to-do and then my life will be a lovable chaos.

5 comments:

Christy said...

LOL I laughed earlier when you sent it in email and well let me just say AMEN to naysayers!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. The problem is, this joke is OLD and recycled (but I get it, you love recycling!). I originally saw it about 6 years ago, at the start of the Bush-Iraq war. It was funny though (originally).

Catherine said...

That sounds more like a Bush joke.

SB said...

I had never heard it before.
Maybe because I was too busy recycling :)

I still think it's funny.
Sad but funny.

the other lion said...

Regardless of the original purpose, it is still funny. And I'm an Obama-Mama! =)