Thursday, March 12, 2009

Micaela and her Fashion-sense

Today, during break time, Micaela felt she needed to commune with the contents of her closet...for a lil fashion time. She was happily trying on her clothes, matching this to that......and making a mess.

When I asked her to pick it up, she harumphed, "Oh mom....you just don't understand fashion."
It's true. Many days, I am in my winter Mom uniform of my trusty blue jeans and favorite orange fleece sweatshirt combo. Or better yet, my kitchen aprons...I am NOT a slave to fashion. But her reaction inspired me to show Micaela one of the latest fashions, straight from the runway...

I could never wear this. Aside from the fact the it's HIDEOUS, I just don't have the style to pull off a scarf. Can I be honest and say that neither does she?


It would be my luck to sit behind THIS umbrella-head at church. I am a magnet for big-haired ladies....I was born in TX so I know a lot about "big hair"....but this at least has function.....

Fashion can be scary. This is proof. I do so love the houndstooth print, but I would have to tell her that because I'm afraid of her....Love those gloves, too. Very "fierce".

And this....? What can we say about this? That the dress probably weighs more than the model? That I would look awesome in this at the grocery store, cluthing my coupon box? Does it have pockets?

And this.....it would be soooo handy. You know, in case someone needed a wheel, I could simply say, "Here....have the one on my head!"

Oh, yeah. Micaela is soooo right. I don't understand fashion. And I'm good with that.

3 comments:

Linda said...

The umbrella hat is a MUST for moms...think of how freeing it would be for us! No hand holding an umbrella and trying to buckle a carseat (or for the young moms still using a carrier, an extra hand available to swap out the weight of that thing!)...a new easy way to stay dry while pushing a shopping cart and holding a hand - or squashing under the umbrella clumsily held by your 4 year old who can not handle the golf-sized thing you INSIST on carrying...

And the red dress? Well, that reminds me of Gone With The Wind...only, they used the curtains from the old hunting cabin, lol!

I don't consider that fashion. I NEVER see that stuff in my day to day travels...no matter what they're showing on the runways, I don't ever see it...'course, my world is much "smaller" than theirs...

And tell Miss Micaela that SHE doesn't understand fashion...in order for it to look good, it must be hung up for the NEXT use ;-) (mom logic!)

SB said...

settled then. I'll get you the umbrella dress for Christmas (and then not ship it.....hehehehe..)

:)

Catherine said...

Who buys that stuff? I see these crazy things each year that are presented at the fashion shows. Does anyone know how this works since those things do not show up in the market?