Tuesday, March 31, 2009

spent today, for fun's sake

I hit the thrift stores today.
Had to get some silk ties...
for what, you wonder?
For this: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/03/silk-dyed-eggs.html
My friend, Linda, shared the link....so OF COURSE, I am in search of VERY colorful flunky silk ties. It's VERY hard to find bright orange ties or ties with polka dots, I can't imagine why.... Nonetheless, here's what I bought today:



Amount spent: $3.50 for ALL of them. Not a bad deal for NINE ties. I think I can get 2 eggs out of each. I'm still determined to find an orange silk tie...I did find one with Elvis on it, but it wasn't silk. Woulda been kind of cool to have Elvis eggs....

Also purchased: some summer clothes for the kids (it'll be hot before you know it) and a HUGE blue bath towel (for $0.50...I can always use towels!).

Ahead of me, I have a night of watching DVR'ed shows....if I can stay awake...

3 comments:

Linda said...

I haven't been able to comment on blogs for several days (don't know why), but hope this comment makes it through. I got my ties yesterday too...though I should have waited till Thursday when it's 1/2 price day...my ties were a bit more expensive. I haven't gone to His House Thrift shop yet (hate that they allow smoking in there...bleh), but for some more ties, I might. We should definitely get 2 eggs per tie. Wondering if using a silk shirt might work...there are some funky ones out there (look on the MENS racks...) Might try them too!

Give an entirely new meaning to "Tie Dye" huh???

Berry Patch said...

I can't wait to see the final results. I've seen the tutorial on the web. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That looks really cool! I'm going to do that with my kids!

JB