Tuesday, March 10, 2009

tidbits on a Tuesday

Quote:


“If a man could have half his wishes, he would double his troubles.” - Benjamin Franklin
--saw this in the newsletter I get from Home Cooking From Scratch - Hillbilly Housewife . It's a TREMENDOUS resource, especially for those of us on a budget....


Overheard during homeschooling:


"You better get busy...I'm not gonna tell you again!"
(it was Micaela telling ME to get my kitchen duties done....)


Menu:

I am so grateful for getting back on track with menu planning. It really does remove the stress of "What's-for-dinner?" that we confront between the 5-6pm hour....I plan it a week out. I used to do the whole month, but that was too much planning. I prefer the flexibility of the week-by-week.


In love:

My kids are totally in love with IXL Math. Okay, maybe not Micaela...but Adam was MAD that I wouldn't allow him just to do nothin' but math all morning...They have a free trial. After trying that, I opted to pay for the 2-kid subscription. For $11.00 a month, the kids get access to fun math. Adam is ready for bigger Math while Micaela is still struggling. We're tackling it slowly and carefully.

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

I love reading random posts like this. ;-)