Thursday, April 02, 2009

go eat your math


For about a week now, I've been torturing my kids.
Torturing them by having PEEPS sitting on my desk with NO EXPLANATION.
And not allowing them to have any.
I'm mean like that, you know.

So today rolls around and it's MATH TIME....and I put the PEEPS on the counter, and there was a whole different sense of motivation going on. I told them if they completed three levels of their Math, they should share a package of PEEPS.

Needless to say, Math went pretty quickly today.

don't ya just LOVE Peeps? I am a bit of a Peep purist. I can only eat them at Easter time. The Halloween and Christmas Peeps creep me out. I know that's illogical, but that's me!



Sorry for the less than stellar pictures. I was laughing and shaking my camera. These kids were giggling while dancing over their peeps.

Now, I am off to run errands and try and beat this sinus headache away....I want Spring to actually GET HERE so the weather will be one way and not so shifty. My sinuses don't like the shifting weather patterns...

But before I go, I am doing my BIBLE STUDY (in case Stacye is reading this...)

8 comments:

FXSmom said...

ugh...my tummy churned seeing all those peeps. Super sugar overload...lol

Fun times though!!

Linda said...

I had a co-worker who was totally skeeved out by peeps...if anyone ate them anywhere NEAR her, she'd gag, and spazz out...seriously. Our boss used to TEASE her with peeps...leave them on everyone's desk..and we'd all grab one...then walk by Carrie's desk. Oh, we were so mean back then!

Berry Patch said...

Whatever works is what I like to say. Your kids certainly seem SUPER excited! ;-)

the other lion said...

The other ones creep me out, too. And I like when they're a little stale, so I always open the package and let them sit for a while before I indulge. =)

rennratt said...

I can't do peeps at all, but I am a big fan of the peanut butter eggs!

That's a great way to motivate math!

Catherine said...

Just want to let you know that I got some gorgeous ties at Salvation Army for Easter egg coloring. The problem is I like them so much, I don't want to sacrifice them.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think Peeps are one of the most miserable creations ever! They are awful! Don't you know you should use good candy when bribing the children, like mini Reese's peanut butter cups? Just kidding! My own mother loves those terrible little things (Peeps)as well. Anyway, I hope your sinuses start feeling better, and I hope you have a great weekend!

JB

fragilemom said...

I'm weird. Can't do peeps, can't do peanut butter eggs. I'm more of an easy chocolate with almonds type of girl. And give Ian peeps????? Think not! I'd have to send him to you for the week after giving him that much sugar. Luckily, he's motivated by simple ol' smarties, m&m's, or chips. We'd have Hammy-steria otherwise!!! Keep up the good work!