Saturday, April 25, 2009

i do love coupons....


I only buy a paper on Sundays.
I get the Washington Post (affectionately referred to as the Compost in my house). I don't actually READ the paper (I read my news online) but I do save it in case we do painting projects...

Again, I digress...
I only get the paper on Sundays....for the coupons!
I usually buy TWO. While standing in 7-11, I rip open the first insert package and see if it's worth me buying Paper #2. It usually is.

I cut out my coupons on Sunday BEFORE Jonathan and I make the rounds of CVS & Walgreens. Both stores tie in specials to that week's circular. Now...as passionate as *I* am about coupons, there are a number of ladies in my area who get up before the Sun does and they wipe out the stock at both CVS and Wags. So often times, I go and take my trusty coupons on a Sunday and they're out of stock. Sometimes it pays to wait a day or two....


I cut out every coupon. If I can't use it, I can trade it. Or I use it if it'll make my item FREE and I stockpile or donate the item.
I circle what I want out of the circular and paperclip my related coupons to the front of the circular.
This is how I do it. Very simple. Easy peasy lemon squeasy....

I am a big believer in stockpiling. This allows me to have on hand what I need when I need it. This will prove interesting when in May, I lock my debit card away for the WHOLE month (except for Sundays drug store runs and gas costs)...It's VERY easy to stockpile with coupons and a bit of clever shopping. Check out my HBA stockpile. My house is small so I store my HBA's in small see-through shoeboxes in my oh-so-tiny laundry space (which is in my bathroom)....



Another blessing of stockpiling is that if you know someone in need, you can share your good stuff with them. There was a woman in our neighborhood that fell on tough times and the neighbors all took care of her. That's the way it SHOULD be: share your blessings. Kindness will always find its way back to you.




I have "rules" about toothpaste and toothbrushes (never pay more than $0.25 per, I got 90% of these for FREE, so I rarely break my rule.)
Never pay more than $1.00 for bigger packages of batteries. It's VERY helpful to have a battery stockpile when you have kids and electronics.
Also I don't think I have actually paid OOP (out of pocket) for deodorant for a LONG time. And medications....? With coupons, it's like they give them away. I have allergies so I require some of these meds. My rule for meds is usually no more than $1.00 OOP.

You should see me shampoo collection.....and my air freshener collection (With Jonathan, it comes in VERY handy, those automatic air freshener kits...)

Some of you might live in small houses, like me. And you're thinking: I have NO space for a stockpile. I know that feeling very well, as my house is barely 1300 sq ft. I use every inch of my house and I am limited by how much I can store. You can even dedicate one Sterilite to your surplus. You'll be surprised at how fast it grows...


Now, I must leave you. I promised my Lil girl that I would make pancakes for her. And that's a promise I intend to keep :)

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

more intriguing all the time......