Saturday, April 25, 2009

I love books...



It's a well-known fact that I LOVE BOOKS.
Reading is probably my favorite activity of all time.
After that comes photography then baking.

One of the ways I save $$ is to utilize my public library.
I live in a small town and our library ROCKS. It's like my Cheers. They know me there.


When I have convinced myself that I MUST OWN a book, then I do my very best to find it for FREE. I use PaperBackSwap.com for my leisure reading and for A LOT of my homeschool books.

How does it work: I post books, other people "order" them, I ship them by Media Mail and it's free to the person who orders. For every book of mine that someone orders, I get one credit for a book that *I* want.



see my credit of NINE books? The possibilities are endless!! They have GOBS of books to choose from!



Last week, I went all crazy and posted 105 books....I mailed out several last week so I have a running "credit" for books of my choosing. In fact, they have 3,359,229 books to choose from.


This has saved members over a whopping $12,000,000 since starting....

What you need to know: it's FREE to sign up, free to post books and super easy to navigate! What are you waiting for?

This week, I "ordered" the following books:





I do like books.....but I LOVE FREE BOOKS....

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I love books and LOVE PBS! I need to get me some more credits there though. ;-) I'm planning to sort & get rid of some of my books soon.

rennratt said...

What a great idea! I generally donate mine to the library or trade them in at a 2nd hand book shop.

This is brilliant!

fragilemom said...

What a grand idea! I want to try.