Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Tuesday.....

I took yesterday off. It was the anniversary of my Dad's passing. He's been gone for 12 years and it still feels that pain is new. I spent all day in kind of a funk. I wish he'd seen Jonathan grow up...I wish like crazy he'd met my husband and my beautiful kids.

One thing my Dad was INSANE about after he retired was clipping coupons. He was a FANATIC about it. My mom was natural frugal, my dad was the Coupon King. He would spend HOURS on the store circulars, planning his route. I learned from watching him...

-----------------------------------



Today what I want to share is this: SayNation!!
I saw it on another blog and quickly joined. It's a survey site where you click your way to goodies. I earned a $20 gift card in FOUR DAYS. 4 days people!! It takes me longer than that to do the Sock Basket (but don't get me started on that...)

I know that many of you are skeptical. (I am too..it's healthy to ask questions..) But I'm telling you: it's fast, easy and painless. And OF COURSE, I want you to sign up under MY SPECIAL REFERRAL CODE :)

Here's what the site says:
In order for your friends (13 years or older) to be members of SayNation.com (and for you to earn points!), you must email your friends and give them the following referral code to enter when they Sign Up:

Referral Code: 9559897962

Make sure you tell them to go to http://www.SayNation.com/

Now you can send them to this URL to have your code AUTOMATICALLY filled in: http://www.saynation.com/Portal/?RP=Register&Ref=9559897962


I know I got lucky, by being chosen to participate in a few surveys and get my first prize within a few days. But even after redeeming my points, I am already clicking my way to MORE goodies. They have this really cool lil progress bar for those of us who are visual learners. Check it out.



I am ALREADY 13% into my 2nd goal!! At this rate, I'll have a few gift cards!!

Well, I have to get back to school and working on tomorrow's article: how Clutter defeats frugality. Oh this is a topic that I constantly battle with. So for my personally revealing frugal article, check back in tomorrow.

Oh, and by the way, I SURVIVED Day 1 of Healthier Eating...Greg and I both committed ourselves to re-doing the Fat Flat Plan again. We felt so much better when we weren't eating so much crap. So we're on Day 2 of the Detox. I feel like a truck ran me over. I know all the crap is leaving my system. Leaves me feeling yucky. But on the other end of this is a healthier life for me. I didn't think I would be telling you readers about it (in case I bomb) but telling you makes me acountable. Holds me up to scrutiny (which usually I do not like). But at least you'll know I am working on it. Day by day, one step at a time.

Speaking of healthier living, do any of you watch "The Biggest Loser"? I love that show. Inspiring, for sure! I know who *I* want to win! Who are you pulling for?

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I'll have to go check out Say Nation. I have the email you sent saved. I love Biggest Loser! Of the group left, I'm just not sure. I think Felippe (is that how you spell it??) just because he's the underdog. ;-) I was hoping Kristin wouldn't get voted off but I think she has an excellent chance of winning the at home prize.

SB said...

I, too, was bummed when Kristen was voted off. I like her attitude.

I think it'll be either Mike or Tara. Good money is on tara. She's DETERMINED. I was thinking of all of them as I am detoxing from my crap diet :)

fragilemom said...

Too funny. While I am hooked on Idol, my good friend is hooked on Biggest Loser. She's supposed to be coming over and told me I had to watch it with her....I okay'd since we can DVR Idol and watch it when Jim gets home.

Keep it one day at a time with the eating plan!!!!!