Saturday, April 11, 2009

my Fixer is great!!

Greg is my Fixer. He's so handy with tools. I am blessed that I married a man who's handy! He's been VERY busy finishing up the upstairs bathroom project, which was Project #1 in the HRF (Home Remodeling Fest).....it's 95% done. I am just waiting till the shower is re-installed before I show off the bathroom. Is it wrong to show off a bathroom? Funny related story: During the 1st WEEK we lived in this house, three LONG years ago, Micaela was in the bathroom, had just sat down and a GIANT bee flew near her. She has not used that bathroom (except once or twice in emergency) since that 1st week....Now SHE loves the new bathroom.

What have I been doing for the last 6 un-blogged days: Watching movies, helping the Fixer, dodging the Snack Stalker and of course, laundry (which never seems to be done, EVER...) We've watched a lot of movies. Watched "Slumdog Millionaire" Cute movie but I really don't think it deserved Best Picture. I mean, REALLY?

Even though we have not started on the kitchen officially, we bought the appliances. And Greg installed my stove. I love it. No....I mean I LOVE IT. The old black, dark dinosaur stove is gone. And in its place is a lovely sparkling clean new range. It brightenes up my kitchen so much. He also installed a very stubborn new dishwasher. The over-range microwave will be installed soon, too. I can't WAIT to get the new floors and new paints and new counters....



And no, we didn't win the Lottery. We've been wanting to do these upgrades for a LONG time. No time like the present. I have never really liked my kitchen and I am very excited about these changes.

Tonight is Family Game Night. And we're dying Easter Eggs tonight, with a big pile of silk ties. I'll post a picture later if I have time... We need to tuck ourselves in early for Easter services tomorrow. My heart is prepared and ready for the Easter message.

4 comments:

fragilemom said...

Beautiful stove. And OMG, just that view of your kitchen lookes EXACTLY like a friend's of mine kitchen. Wild.

We're ready for Easter around here too. Trying to explain in simple terms to a 4 year old what Easter is is quite difficult.

Catherine said...

My silk tie eggs were a bust. Would love to see yours.

Berry Patch said...

I agree - I love being married to a man who can fix & build. He's even in the process of designing our new home. I can't wait for that project to begin! ;-)

Linda said...

I love those solid surface stoves...especially if they are the gray surface...not so fond of the black surface and appliances I have (but hey, they came with the house). Can't wait to see the rest of the kitchen!

How did the eggs come out? I haven't been able to post pictures on blogger, but I did on my facebook...did you see them?

He is RISEN!!!