Friday, May 22, 2009

are you Lego Smart?

You guys KNOW how my house has been taken over by Legos. I have a Lego-obsessed son. Many of us do, don't we? I LOVE that he loves to build and screate. I don't love stepping on Legos, but that's another story.

I saw this posted at Money Saving Mom, which is one of my favorite sites for GREAT frugal tips....If she's not in YOUR blogroll, she should be....

Now through August 2009, LEGO® Education is hosting an activity challenge for educators of all grades and subject areas! The LEGO® Smart™ Creativity Contest begins with your imagination and ends with great prizes, online recognition, and the chance to share your activity with thousands of students across the nation!

The task is simple: Create an activity using only the bricks included in a LEGO Smart Kit. Educators are being challenged to use the kits’ contents to develop a hands-on activity for their students. This can range from a simple build to a more advanced mathematical problem. You’re the creator, so let your imagination lead you!

Go here to request your kit and start getting creative!

(I think I am going to let Adam create his own activity......)

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

Did you sign up as a homeschooler? Just curious as I didn't see that option. My boys would LOVE this!