Monday, May 18, 2009

a frugal Monday=giving more

The day started out with HALF of my workout (got a call from Jonathan's school just as I started working up a sweat...ugh! That means I have to go back tonight!)

After dealing with Jonathan's issue (which involve a change of clothing....) I headed back to Target. Scored some really good deals. I had a stack of IP's for $2.00 off of Dove® Deodorant and found it on the CLEARANCE section for $2.00. So I snagged 6 FREE deodorants.

Now if you're a stockpiler, a bargain hunter, a coupon clipper...then you've had this happen. You get these incredible deals. FREE stuff. GOOD stuff. But you're running out of room, and there's no way you can physically USE it all. You know what I do? I donate it.

For me personally, it's very important for me to GIVE. I feel that what God calls me to do. In my past, I survived an abusive marriage so I give personal care items (like 6 FREE Dove deodorants) to the Women's Shelter. I also give away FREE make-up when I get it with my coupons....Some women leave their situations with nothing, and they're starting over. So I fill a box up and donate every month. I get a tax reciept and I make it easier for someone.

I like that aspect of being a frugal shopper: having enough for myself, for my family and for others. I like sharing. It makes my world a better place.....


In the mail today, I rec'd these: a FREE cookbook from Fleischmann's Yeast Breadworld and my new FREE subscription to Forbes Magazine. I love Forbes. I read it constantly on my Blackberry. I am a news junkie.....

I have to brag a bit here...I am married to a GREAT guy. He's a FIXER. Truly he is. Our house needs a bit of updating. We tackled the upstairs bathroom and it looks AMAZING. (and it was relatively cheap..we watched a lot of DIY shows...) Now we (and by we, I really mean HE) are working on the kitchen. Now I don't know if you've ever remodeled your kitchen, but it's NOT frugal at all. Nothing is cheap in your kitchen. But it's where you'll find me if you drop by. It's THE MOST IMPORTANT ROOM IN MY HOUSE.....

One of the things I have never liked about my kitchen (besides just about everything....it's so hodge-podge) is the CABINETS.

{OLD cabinets pictures above...}

Don't laugh, but anything with an oval, an arc or those rounded inset corner thingies reminds me of Kenny Rogers (I). It makes NO SENSE but I immediately think of Kenny Rogers (who has had WAY TOO MUCH plastic surgery).

Alas, I digress....My husband has re-designed my kitchen cabinets! We were inspired by some cabinets from Ikea and he bought the wood and voila! I have new cabinets. Mind you, he's still building them. And they need to be painted white. And yep, they need some glass, too. But it's going to look SOOOOO nice. And it won't remind me of Kenny Rogers at all......

{new AWESOME non-Kenny Rogers cabinets pictures here...}

Now I must close. I just realized that my house is WAY too quiet. The kids are up to somethin'....

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

You are funny. I have Kenny Rogers cabinets. :) I like your non-Kenny ones, too though. And smart thinking on donating your extra freebies. I am sure they are much appreciated.

Linda said...

Your new cabinets are lovely....and they are the kind that will FORCE you to be neat and organized, lol! Time to face all those products front and make the piles neat. Did I ever post the picture of my cabinets? No? HA! This is WHY!!!