Friday, May 22, 2009

heading into the weekend...

Don't forget:

it's HIGHLY unlikely your Sunday paper will have any coupons. It's a HOLIDAY WEEKEND (which means no coupons).....but you can always utilize the IPC's...


The remodeling continues........

As I type this, I can hear the sound of the saws, the planer and a happy husband. He's in the garage, woodworking his lil heart out. We're remodeling our kitchen. It's exciting, watching it change bit by bit. It's gonna be sooooo purty.

To save some bucks, we utilize the following special:

Lowe's and Home Depot stores are offering a 10% discount to to active duty personnel, National Guard and reserve members, retirees, honorably discharged veterans, and immediate family members. You must show a valid military ID card or other proof of service. Go here for more details.
FYI: EVERY DAY is military day at our local Lowe's. I love that they ALWAYS give us the 10% discount. THAT is supporting your military! HOOAH! We love Lowe's.....

We're also saving a small fortune by having Greg do the work himself. Plus it gives him such satisfaction, seeing what he builds.

Locally.......

The town pool opens tomorrow. You know how I know this? Micaela has mentioned it, oh, about 74,312,829 times.......give or take a million.

Exercise

I am maintaining a decent (grueling)workout schedule. I go to the gym 4-5 a week. Which for me is DARN good. My weight is not changing much but I can FEEL myself getting stronger. Next week, I add in CLASSES (like Body Pump, and Spin....yowza)......

The weekend......

We have no big plans this weekend. I was hoping to take the kids into ANC or the Iwo Jima Memorial but it's crazy crowded down there this weekend. Maybe next week, when the tourists have gone home.....

No comments: