God works in GREAT ways.....I was driving along this morning, listening to the kids discuss The Summer of Science (this is what we're doing this summer, Nothing but science!!) Adam is THRILLED about it....I am, too. But I have been thinking about getting an actual curriculum. And that made me think of Apologia. I hear great praise about their materials and am curious about their stuff....
And it just so happens that Jeannie's Journal: Jeannie Fulbright's Blog was discussing this very subject!! How fortuitous....!! And guess what else?? She's having a CONTEST...and you know I love contests.......
Apologia is now producing notebooking journals that accompany each of the elementary science books. Both Botany and Astronomy are now available. You can see samples on the Apologia website here:
These journals are beautiful spiral bound notebooks that will save you time and money. You won't have to print and keep up with your child's notebook pages, buy and maintain page protectors, or purchase and compile binders...everything that makes notebooking time-consuming and labor intensive for mom. Also, your child will adore having their own notebooking journal.
Each of the notebooking journals include:
- A daily schedule for those who like to have a plan or would like their children to complete the book on their own
- Templates for written narrations, the notebooking activities and experiments
- Review Questions
- Scripture Copywork, with both print and cursive practice
- Reading lists and additional activities, projects, experiments for each lesson
- An appendix with beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books
- Field Trip Sheets to keep a record field trips
- A Final Review with fifty questions the students can answer either orally or in writing to show off all they remember and know at the end of the course.
Jeannie is giving away four Astronomy Notebooking Journals and four Botany Notebooking Journals to bloggers who post about this on their site.
Visit her blog to learn more about this contest: Jeannie's Journal: Jeannie Fulbright's Blog
The contest ends on in one week on May 29th!
And as a sidenote, I would LOVE to hear from homeschooling families who've used this and how they liked it.....