Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I'm feelin' it........

A miracle happened today....

I EXERCISED....and subsequently did not die.

As part of a REAL effort to be healthier, I signed up at a local gym today. I went with Fitness First Health Club in Leesburg. It's relatively close-by, their hours suit me, they have DAYCARE so I can drag the kidlets with me if I need to...

So today was my first workout. And can I just say: OH MY GOSH....I am complete mush. I am a walking marshmallow. I truly am. I will NOT be sharing my BMI or Body Fat % with you guys. It's personal. I will be sharing my success as I trim those numbers though. I knew those numbers before, but there's something very humbling about a total stranger (who's totally fit and buff) reading the numbers back to you......

Ugh.....



I did this move today. And almost died...

Yep...I am the Human Marshmallow.

2 comments:

Berry Patch said...

Good job! Every single time I work out I get reminded about how much I am NOT in shape as I think. ;-) I have been doing cardio faithfully (Never Say Diet by Chantel Hobbs - EXCELLENT BOOK!!!) & just added in stability ball strength training today. Oh.my.gosh! Keep up the good work!

kayokat said...

I am right there with you, as far as needing to exercise, eat right, etc. Congratulations on making the first moves to make it all happen. I've recently started a beginning running program. When I say beginner, I mean run (huffing and puffing) one minute and walking (catching my breath) for 2. I do this with the Nike Plus Program (w/ Ipod). Have you heard of this? It makes running FUN. Check it out at: nikeplus.com Let me know if you sign up, maybe we can help each other stay motivated. Either way, Good Luck! and know you are definitely not alone in your quest!