Friday, May 01, 2009

my 2,000th post...


Can you believe I've been yapping THIS LONG? Wow....2,000 posts.
I do love blogging. It's an outlet for me. I get to talk about things that are important in my life. I get to meet new people...well, never very often in real life. Although I have met some ladies in the grocery store who've read my blog....

I was going to have some sort of blog candy prize but I lack motivation to do that. At least, I'm honest.

:)

So back to some more frugal tip and sharing my latest score. Remember how I was talking to you about INTERNET PRINTABLE COUPONS? (referred to as IPC's) Well, I used a bunch of them this week. With GREAT results. Now I should tell you, some stores are not thrilled about IPC's because they can be easily photocopied and the stores can get snookered. I am a honest couponer and would not do that, but there are some who would. The only way you'll know if your store takes is to use them. For me, my local Bloom, Giant, Harris Teeter, Target and Wal-Mart will also take them. Also Wags and CVS...CVS likes to look them over with a fine-tooth comb....



So last night, I printed out 6 of one coupon, a 3M coupon for $2.50 off of Command Strips, and I set off for CVS. They had them on sale 2/$5, and $5 ECB's if you buy 6. So they were $2.50 each and I had 6-$2.50 coupons. So I paid the tax on 6 small items and got $5.00 back. I love when a deal works that well.


Now, I know some of you live in rural areas where you may have to drive a bit to get to a selection of stores. That's where I think IPC's would work well for you. Look at this next deal I scored.



Now, I don't know about you but my kids LOVE cereals. And at the regular price of $3.99, I rarely buy them. When I do, it HAS TO be with a coupon. So when this deal came around, I snapped it up! Kellogg's is usually $3.99 a box, they were on sale for a great price of $1.99, plus I had a stack of IPC's for $1.00 off of each box. Making my cereal only $0.99 per box. I printed the coupons twice from one computer and twice from another and went to two stores. This is only 1/4 of the boxes I bought. I stocked up not only for us, but for a Food Bank donation.


Check out the savings! I saved almost $24 just buy using a few coupons. See how easy it is?

There are a ton of great sites that you can print coupons from. Since my blog refuses to allow me to add links, I'm going to re-structure my sidebar and add them there. But that will have to wait: I have to teach school and get my house in order. I have a date tonight with a handsome 20 year old!! My son, you silly goose. It's respite night so Jonathan and I are dropping the kids off and hitting the town. I don't really know what hitting the town will involve but Jonathan will have fun!

4 comments:

kayokat said...

Congrats on your 2,000th post! Love checking out your blog and seeing what you have to say. I find we agree on lots of things! Enjoy your "date" tonight, and have a great weekend!

Sue said...

Suzanne,
I have the same coups but they say "Metal" hooks and it looks like the ones you bought were plastic....do they not differentiate? I have the other coups that are for less money on the plastic ones but wasn't sure if I could use the larger ones on the nice plastic hooks I saw.....


CONGRATS on your 2000 post....I was thrilled to hit 100 and that is probably as far as I will get :)

Berry Patch said...

Congrats on your 2000th post! I keep missing those milestones here. :-) I love all your frugal posts. Keep it up! They are giving me wonderful incentive to start doing this myself.

SB said...

Sue:
Yep it said "metal" on mine, too. When the CVS checkout chick mentioned it, I merely said, "Well, you don't STOCK the metal ones, so can I please substitute?" and she was cool with it. I got lucky, I know....