Monday, June 01, 2009

cell phone and such...

I am seriously ticked off at Verizon....
My BB is not working this morning.
Neither is my home phone.
I called and made changes to my service and THIS is how Verizon responds. Cuts my phones off.
I have had trouble with Verizon since FOREVER...

In light of this, I am considering letting go of my Blackberry and just going with a TracFone. It's a MUCH more frugal route, plus I won't have to deal with the crappy service of Verizon...

ARGH!!!!!

So if you have TracFone or know anything about it, I would love to hear stories. Both good and bad. I am just at my wit's end....

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I've had a TracFone for a couple years. I do like it BUT I live in the sticks so I don't use it at home. Picking your territory is key because they charge you double the minutes if you are roaming. Mine works over most of the state though. Adding minutes on-line is also key. I buy 60 mins & then add 30 extra mins for only an additional $5. So I pay (on-line only) about $26 (with tax & all that) for 90 mins & 30 days. That usually worked for me. I like the flexibility of adding mins when I need them & paying as I go.

rennratt said...

I'm with Berry Patch. I had a TracFone for years AND I live in the sticks. I actually chose "Raleigh" as my area, since that's where I work. I only used it as a 'just in case' phone - for when I was late, etc. It's pretty reasonable, and is at LEAST worth checking out.

It can get pricey if you text a lot, though. They ALSO text you deals from time to time - giving you extra minutes when you ADD minutes if you 'add by X date'. If I had my druthers, I would go back to it.

I have a BB, too - and I rarely use it. It's not really worth the monthly fee, to tell you the truth.

FXSmom said...

I had a tracfone for a while too. I liked it and must admit preferred it over having a plan. We got a plan cuz it was cheaper with 2 teens. Ya know where I live and I didn't really have any service issues. Where u are could be a little more tricky. It could be worth looking into for you.