Thursday, June 25, 2009

every day is new....

(picture has NOTHING to do with the post...I just like it...--couldn't find one with Jonathan and the kids---)

When Jonathan and I are in the car, we listen to the JAMS. The jams are CD's that I burn from my existing iTunes collection....a VERY weird collection of rock, country and Contemporary Christian music...but Jonathan LOVES it....

There's one song, I've heard it so many times that I can't even tell you the name. I know it's on CD #5, if that helps :) Nonetheless, it says in the song, "Every day is new..." and it is. Every day, God gives us what we need.

Today, I awoke refreshed and mended from my day yesterday. It's funny how God catches your attention. Last week, Lisa sent me a book that I'd been wanting to read "The Duggars: 20 and Counting!" and it said something that I really REALLY needed to hear:

God wants me to have a servant's heart.

Let me explain what I got from that: He gave me Jonathan (and the other kids, too) and I am The Momma. And I serve them. And I should do so with a willing and open heart.

I was NOT feeling so open and willing yesterday. I was angry and resentful and mad and yes, selfish. But God is always working on me.....Just like grief (which is a constant companion with raising special needs kids....) is a process, so is my willingness to let go and Let God.

I am humbled and I've decided to let God guide me today. And probably tomorrow, too.

No comments: