Friday, June 12, 2009

if it ain't free, it ain't for me (unless it's an iPhone....)

How's that for a catchy title....I just used up what little wit I possess, so now I am tapped out for the weekend....Sheesh....
Seriously, I love free. Free rocks. Big time.
Who DOESN'T LOVE something for free?
It's why I coupon, it's why I shop at thrift stores, I am about saving the green.

So I started looking for other ways to earn a lil pocket cash online in my "free time"....and I look at some other frugal bloggers and how they do it. They do surveys. Now I will say this: it's HIGHLY unlikely that I am going to pay the mortgage by doing my surveys every day, but it adds up, and quickly!

Let me show you...Our goal is $300, for the Wii. The actual Wii costs $249 through Amazon and I am adding $50 to get the Mario Kart game. So I've been surveying pretty regularly for about a MONTH.....and in one month's time, here's what we've collected in gift cards and actual cash towards the Wii....Each square represents $1.00 (so it's a Math lesson, too!)

So far, I have amassed $118.00 which is 39.3% of my goal....Not too shabby. And all for a lil clickin' (and a lil shopping--for stuff I was going to buy anyway!..)

Now, the next question you will likely have is WHERE do I survey? Well, let me show ya...but before I do, everyone who surveys need two things:

1. a separate e-mail for the spam you'll no doubt get. I use a gmail address because of their online capacity and good spam detection. Gmail works for me...

2. You'll save yourfingers by downloading the free version of Roboform. It auto-fills the endless forms...AWESOME! and did I mention FREE :) Download RoboForm Today

now onto the clickin'........

1. My number ONE site for clickin' is of course the awesome swagbucks.com Search & Win

Search & Win

If you click on my lil dealie, I get points AND YOU GET SOME, too.....Win-win. SwagBucks is great and user-friendly.

2.is the fabulous, they-make-it-so-easy SayNation......(if you join this one, PLEASE allow me to refer you so I can get some credit for it, too!) SayNation! is super easy and it's easy to reach a payout stage. Took me 4 weeks to grab 2-$20.00 Amazon gift cards. Apparently, in SayNation's world, the opinions of a 40 year old housewife are gold!

3.is the quick and easy spot Your2Cents - Home. I got to the $20 payout in a week. Seriously. It's like free money...

4.

PineCone Research is at the forefront of online research, today's ...

you have to apply and if you meet the criteria, you're in. They open it up every once in a while. I got lucky! Surveys are easy and payout by check was within DAYS. (I got a $3.00 check for a 5 question survey....)

5.

InboxDollars® - Earn Cash for E-Mail, Surveys, Games, and More!

This one is a shopping and clicking combined. You get points for shopping, you get paid a few pennies to read e-mail ads, and you can even play games and answer surveys. I racked up $45 in short time. I even booked my upcoming business trip through a travel site that gave me points!

I belong to several others but the ones I have gotten payouts from are: InBox Dollars, PineCone Research, SwagBucks, Your2Cents and SayNation. I have been paid personally. This is not something I heard from someone who heard it from someone else. This is money in my pocket. The reason I spell it out in such a way is that I want to be very clear that if I put it on my blog, it's for real.....

Now....there are some groundrules...

*you should NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS pay to join a research or survey company. I mean, NEVER!! If they want money upfront, click away......
*never put your SSN# on a survey.
*get a separate e-mail for the surveys. Trust me...
*be prepared to do a bunch of profile surveys so that each individual company can get an idea of who/what you are and can send you surveys tailored to your specs.

I won't pay my mortgage but by golly, I'm going to pay for a Wii. I told the kids it's the ONLY way they'd get it. They're on-board. I use their lunch time to do my surveys and they're chipping in their funds from their lemonade stand at tomorrow's garage sale for the Wii. The FAMILY will buy it, and enjoy it, together......

Inevitably, someone will say, "But I don't have TIME to do this...." That might be true.....but in my world, I have very little time and very little money, but in the end I have more time than money. So I click.....

Now, I am off to price stuff for tomorrow's garage sale.....I am doing ANYTHING I can do to clear out the clutter and put some $$ in the bank. If you're local, come by and buy some lemonade from the kids. You'll be helping them get their Wii :) Plus Adam is developing his business plan, as I type this. Type A much? Hehehehe.....

Enjoy your Friday people......

5 comments:

FXSmom said...

u crack me up!!! great plan for the wii. i'm swaggin for the wii too :) But I don't have a fun system like yours.

SB said...

so do MY fun system. I'll race ya to the Wii...(I added a bunch of SB's today, since it's MEGA SWAP BUCKS DAY!!!)

Berry Patch said...

I use all the ones you mentioned except Say Nation. I'll be signing up. But I use two I didn't see you mention. One is called My Points. It works like Inbox Dollars but I get way more of those than Inbox. You also get points for buying through them (i.e. click through to Amazon & get so many points per dollar). Plus I do My Survery. I get anywhere from 10-500 points per survery & I can convert that to a check. Let me know if you are interested & I'll send you a referral from both.

You've inspired me to start saving up money & gc's for a digital SLR through Amazon. ;-) Thanks for the idea!!!

Linda said...

I think Lisa B referred me to Pine Cone a million years ago, and I loved it back then, I'd get a check in the mail for every survey, and sometimes could get $50 a month from them. Then the switched to paypal, and that was good too, because I used that a lot...but they changed the program too much for my liking...oh well. I do the say nation, always forget about the swagbucks (and am not allowed to download the swagbucks bar)....so I'm slow...oh well!!

Christy said...

Buy the Wii at the PX, then you don't have to pay tax and it'll truly be $249.00, the game I'd shop around on and see where you can get the best price from. I would be SHOCKED if your PX doesn't have them, ours has TONS at all times pretty well.